Snapchat Unveils $130 Spectacles That Record Videos And Look Funky

Snapchat Inc. has introduced new 'Spectacle' Glasses which can record video 10 seconds snaps at a time always 'on' and ready to capture the moment, but not always recording. One Snap can be extended twice for a total of 30 seconds of video. Snapchat Spectacles will be available to the public and would be dispensed out of bright yellow vending machines or Snapbots.

SnapInc-Spectacles
Tapping a button near the left hinge of the Spectacles activates a camera in the corner of the left lens. Circular-cropped videos are then recorded, the clips of which can be transferred wirelessly to the Snapchat smartphone app to be shared with friends. These Spectacles can take about 100 videos before needing a recharge in a special carrying case. They cannot be used while driving and aren’t polarized or waterproof.

snapbot
The spectacles come in three variants- Black, coral and teal and work on one-size-fits-the-most principle. One can leave the phone behind while going on adventures since it is not required to take Snaps with Specs. To view the Snaps, one needs to just open Memories and Snaps start importing automatically.

The Spectacles definitely change the way how people communicate since it decreases people's need to pull out their smartphones and capture the moment without interrupting what one is doing. As of now the vending machines are the only way to buy Spectacles directly from Snap, though retail sales could follow.

Source:#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at MIT have found out a way to produce biodegradable plastics. They have identified the structure of a bacterial enzyme which is essential for synthesis of biodegradable polymers. Their...
As i have mentioned in title ...m fearing this seating idle..although i m prepearing for govt jobs but i dont think i will get in dat also...as very high crowd...
The Chinese multinational consumer electronics firm once again prepares to enter the Indian market with its latest medium budget smartphone Vivo V5. The last from its stock were Vivo V3...
Following the release of its two flagship devices- the Huawei Mate 9 and Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Edition, the Chinese multinational giant, has launched another variant Huawei Mate 9 Pro...
Warm greetings to all, This is subathra, I'm doing my BTECH 3rd year (5th semester) currently, my stream is information technology, I'm born and brought up in madurai also did...