sms text

this is my question .,right from the moment i entered here
WHY IS CE ASKING TO AVOID SMS TEXTS HERE??? ya, i know it may be bit difficult for some,
but banning it is not fair !!!!

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    But here CE expects only Professionalism.,😀
    So just follow it CEan!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I agree with vishnu priya.....once you have reached a level you have to behave accordingly....and sms text doesn't fit in this.
    Moreover its not even a language. Its good if you keep it just for your buddies.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    I think its fair to banned text messaging.
    It really very difficult for someone to understand.
    Text messaging creates ineffective way of communication.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First things first: We never banned anyone because they used SMS text.

I've mentioned this multiple times in various threads - there's a reason why we don't allow SMS text on CE Forums. We are aware that it's painful to type all these characters when the job can be done with just few.

1. CE is read by professional engineers and engineering students from all over the world [ ~180 countries ] .
    2. Not everyone appreciates SMS text - which is very difficult to read most of the times.
    3. SMS text is NOT the accepted form of communication in professional world. Imagine reading The Times Of India with SMS text all over?

In any case, you'll have to use full form of the words in your professional world. We are making the job easier for all CEans who are addicted to short forms of words. I personally think SMS should stick to mobiles where typing is really inconvenient.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    SMS texts do have advantages of shortening of labour. But once you start using full form of words and just go against the addiction of SMS texting, you will get that flow of typing. You can have the advantages of doing courses of typing for free, and that too, by making your will your instructor. Its something, on achievement of which, you can have a good feeling and a better hold over English. I should say, it is cool to type full words. It makes a good impression. It also boosts your confidence.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I seldom understand - 5n,4get,sup?br8?
    my mobile supports - dictionary format so I don't really have to type short forms or what ever.
    But coming to using SMS language on CE- one reason being- when you write a professional email- you don't write " I don udrstd wat u said,cud v get dis srtd out"??? I would mark the user as spam if I recieve any such email. there are some ethics what need to be followed irrespective of their degree of toughness any ways the call is yours- if you want to learn better ways of communicating you cna use proper english.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think you meant that banning SMS text on CE!
    Think,
    I no u r bsy , bt U shd undrstnd my sitatn 2.

I know you are busy , but you should understand my situation too.
    which is easier to read?
    The first sentence took me 40 seconds and the second one 20 seconds. I just the way you practice!
    The more clear you are , the more clear and fast answers you get!!

@Durga: what is meant by sup? and br8?
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    I think people should be allowed to use the text as thy feel comfortable.. I f someone is unable to understand then he can put a query...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and that drives away lots of senior members.
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    I didnt get you BIG K.. can u please narrate?
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    abhishek1814
    I think people should be allowed to use the text as thy feel comfortable.. I f someone is unable to understand then he can put a query...
    Why knowingly create a problem, if you can prevent it by just perfecting yourself. The practice of typing full words can give you a great advantage, just try to implement it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pls help me provide a circuit diagram on designing of a distance temperature laser guage to measure oil/winding temperatures of pole mounted transformers.
How is UMTS900 compared to UMTS 2100? Will it affect the existing GSM 900?
hiii everybody
hi..i am n engineering student...assigned with a project in data application lab and i need better and trending topics for my project... plz if anyone can help😔. it is a...
consider an array 'book[500]' where each element is a structure consisting acc_no-integer title-string of 50 characters authors-string of 20 character date_of_publishing-(dd,yy,mm)data type price-real number assume base address=b0 also assume int...