Smartphone With 10,000 mAh Battery From Your Dreams Could Be Real

The Chinese have a way of introducing features in gadgets that can lead the industry by storm. This time, it's Oukitel - the Chinese electronics manufacturer, who is said to be working on am Android smartphone featuring a gigantic 10,000 mAh battery. If you don't mind trading the features such as slim factor or overall body weight, you can soon dream of finally owning a phone that goes without charging for an entire week. The news about such a phone featuring a beast of a battery came to light when the phone's alleged images surfaced on the internet via image uploading site imgur. If tech giants on the other part of the world aren't quicker to get there, Oukitel would soon be launching the world's first Android smartphone with a 10,000 mAh battery and put all the 'battery life' woes of smartphone users to rest.

OUKITEL-10000mAh-Battery-Android 5.1 Smartphone - Right - Imgur

OUKITEL 10000mAh BatteryAndroid 5.1 Smartphone -Bottom - Imgur OUKITEL 10000mAh BatteryAndroid 5.1 Smartphone - Top  - Imgur

The only other thing confirmed about the new Oukitel smartphone is its Android flavour and we have only the image's title to go by. Android 5.1 (Lollipop) operating system will be running on the device out-of-the-box.

From the rumours that have come to life over the past few months, it can be said that Oukitel's competitors from China aka ZTE and Gionee haven't had their R&D labs sleeping either. They might also be experimenting with bigger batteries in their upcoming gadgets.

It has to be noted that Oukitel hasn't yet confirmed any of this. It could also just be a product in experimentation and whether it will see the light of the day for real still remains a mystery.

What are your thoughts about a 10,000 mAh battery Android smartphone? Do you see the technical challenges with it? Let us know your thoughts about it in comments.

Image Credits: OUKITEL 10000mAh Battery Smartphone - Album on Imgur

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    This is not going to work. Here are the reasons.

Weight - If someone has owned a big power bank knows how heavy those things are and adding a 10000mAh battery will be quite bulky to be carried around in someone’s pocket.

Charging Time – Any phone with 2000 to 2500mAh battery takes about 2 to 2 and half hours to charge to its complete capacity. If we scale up this figure we can assume that it would take about 10 hours to charge this phone. Using a Qualcomm fast charge feature might help.

User-removability – The company Oukitel isn’t mentioning whether the battery can be removed by users or not. I am betting my money that the battery isn’t accessible by the user. This will cause problems while replacing the battery. Plus you have the cost factor to consider. If major players charge thousands of rupees for replacing your battery, this will cost users a lot of money.

The only way forward for having a battery efficient smartphone lies in the hands of the software. If OS manufacturers like Android and Windows Phone could develop ways to preserve battery life by reducing concurrent processes and CPU load they might be able to do a difference.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I have a different opinion.

We can't rule it out straight away. Talking about electronics gadgets, the way world is shrinking, I will not be surprised if the Chinese manufacturer with come up with a smaller device (may not be Micromax Canvas Silver 5 Price, Specs and Features Revealed).

Regarding charging, we already have technologies for rapid charging (Do not forget OPPO's 4X faster charging. If someone has thought of coming with a 10k mAh battery they must have given a thought to rapid charging as well).

This may not be the first phone with non-detachable battery. There are plethora of devices that doesn't allow us to remove battery; so I won't be surprised if Oukitel doesn't allow us to do so as well.

I am pretty excited to have a first look for the device.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A friend of mine shared this poem with me while I was in college. It was during the days when I read Stephen Hawking's 'A Brief History of Time'. In...
Recently , during my preparation for the GATE 2016 ,I came across a collection of solved previous years' papers provided by Made Easy. In the first chapter "Linear Algebra" ,...
As the big space research organisations across the world get ready to launch their upcoming missions, scientists are gearing up to better the existing technologies to support the spacecrafts in...
The Indian Institute of Technology will soon start offering medical courses. According to report published in Today's ET, IIT Kharagpur will soon start offering MBBS courses. The HRD ministry has...
I've been closely following the Indian entrepreneurship scene; with an aim to find out the trends. For example, what are the hottest domains for newbie entrepreneurs, which startups are getting...