SMART STREET LIGHTING

Project Abstract / Summary : Conventional street lighting systems in areas, where vehicular traffic or pedestrian traffic is lower are online most of the night without purpose. The consequence is that a large amount of power is wasted meaninglessly. With the broad availability of flexible-lighting technology like light-emitting diode lamps a fast reacting, reliably operating, and power-conserving street lighting systems become reality. The purpose of this work is to describe the Smart Street Lighting (SSL) system, a first approach to accomplish the demand for flexible public lighting systems. The other advantage of LED is that the intensity can be controlled easily. Hence, movement detection based street light control can be designed easily

Smart Street Light Controller store and analyze data such as soundtracks, announcements and commercials. For densely-populated high profile areas this full range speaker system can be a key component to maximizing civic awareness. Imagine a seamlessly integrated urban media system that begins with solid Energy Management and achieves all aspects of public communications for bus stops, rail stations, people movers whatever your communications needs are Smart Street Light reaches there to make it reality.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : We are going to design a PIC microcontroller based system which can control street lights effectively and saves large amount of power.
The objective for this project is:
To design a smart lighting system which targets the energy saving and autonomous operation on economical affordable for the streets.
Design a smart lighting system which compatibility and scalability with other commercial product and automation system, which might include more than lighting systems.
ADVANTAGES / DISADVANTAGES
1)60% less energy use in addition to savings from high efficiency lamps.
2)20% or more savings per year in operating and maintenance costs.
3)Better living environments with more reliable and safer lighting.
4)An expandable infrastructure that supports multiple applications such as
traffic, whether, motion monitoring.
APPLICATION
• Street Lights
• College Campus.
• Malls.
• Railway Stations.
• Airport.
• Bus Stands
The Smart Street Lighting system is an energy efficient system in two major ways. Firstly, with the traffic sensing system by the Infrared sensor, it is possible to cut down half of the energy when not required unlike traditional street lamps which use power lamps and remain on from sunset till sunrise. The second factor that contributes to energy saving is the LED lamp itself. Also, the use of solar energy as the power source saves huge amount of energy.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: SRES COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING KOPARGAON
City: KOPARGAON
State: MAHARASHTRA
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The topic for our project was full fledged java image plus video editor .We tried to make our project different by using external libraries.The main...
Project Abstract / Summary : In our work with brain–actuated wheelchairs, we target a population who are—or will become—unable to use conventional interfaces, due to severe motor–disabilities. here the movement...
Project Abstract / Summary : Today the security to our loved one's is an important issue.Everyone wants that his/her family should be safe everywhere My aim is to make you...
I have completed BE Aeronautical. I want to pursue ME in that field or other related field.Due to some circumstances I couldn't write gate exam. Can somebody plz tell me...
I know we Indians usually don't purchase digital copy of game because of simple logic "Why to pay when torrents are providing us for free?" Still, there might be some...