Smart Farming e-Monitoring System

Project Abstract / Summary : IDEATION
My ingenious idea and pragmatic plan deals with the development of ‘Smart Farming e-Monitoring System’ which is an organized 'Electronic' monitoring scheme in the Agriculture sector that aims to bring a digitized sphere in monitoring the agricultural lands. The objective of this project is the farmers can monitor his agriculture lands by using his mobile phone. Smart farming brings out the concept of Internet of Things through which he monitors the data obtained from the sensors.This project is useful for the upcoming younger generations because they don't know the agricultural parameters how it is to be measured.Now with the help of this project they can monitor their lands through his mobile phones and they can take necessary steps before itself to solve the problems in the field which will be useful to improve farming techniques.

PROBLEMS FACING:
The problems facing by farmers in agriculture is they were struggling hard in the agricultural fields round the clock. In the agricultural sector, water pumps are used for irrigating small tracts of land from tube wells or open wells. Agriculture receives power mostly during mid night as this reduces the cost of electricity supply for the transmission and Distribution Company. The farmers have to be on their guard all the time due to the unpredictable nature of supply of electrical energy. And the farmers have to switch on their motor after electricity supply resumes.Due to their negligence, sometimes they switch on the motor and then forget to switch off, which may lead to wastage of water. To overcome this problem, we are going for ‘Smart Farming e-Monitoring System’ to monitor the real time farming processes with critical historical data, such as weather events, climate changes, resources' availability, economics, product information.

DESCRIPTION OF INNOVATION
In this project the sensors (Moisture Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Humidity sensor, Light sensor, Flow sensor) which will be placed in the field and able to monitor amount of light falling on the plants, Temperature and Humidity level, water flow rate and the moisture content in the soil. When the moisture content in the soil is too low, the system will give command to switch ON the motor and water the soil. The flow meter monitors the water consumption. In this project we are using Solar panel to run the motor, Electricity is not needed and no manual operation is needed to Switch on the motor.
The data obtained from the sensors will be send to the Cloud where the farmer can monitor the status of his land, availability of water and light intensity. Based on the moisture content, the Water Pump will be automatically Switched ON for watering the plant. Finally the Notification message will be send to the Farmer’s Mobile regarding the amount of water flows to the land. This proposed idea of ‘Smart Farming e-Monitoring System' turning out to be an eye-opener to the whole world considering the realistic and innovative prospects offered in the domain.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : For upcoming generations this cool stuff will be useful to monitor fields with the help of their mobiles.So that they can improve their farming techniques by analyse the data obtained.

A younger generation can help introduce new technologies whilst also learning from traditional methods, holding the potential to offer the perfect fusion of new and traditional solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.

Project Highlights : This project explains the problem facing by every farmers in their agricultural fields and it come up with the new innovative solution to tackle the problems.Farmers can use their mobile to monitor their fields situation.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: RMK ENGINEERING COLLEGE
City: KAVARAPETTAI
State: TAMIL NADU
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : IDEATION My ingenious idea and pragmatic plan deals with the development of ‘Smart Farming e-Monitoring System’ which is an organized 'Electronic' monitoring scheme in the...
i am mechatronics engineer passed out last year.can i fill job application for assistant manager 2016 in General Insurance Corporation? plz reply me ASAP
Hello everyone.. In my laptop C drive a temporary file created automatically name : MSI1f93f.tmp and many files created with such name. I try to delete but am unable to...
hello, I got 1100 rank in section A+B in december examination of C-CAT can you please suggest me a accurate strategy to get placed in top ranked C-DAC center?
The world's largest telescope called the 'Thirty Metre Telescope' aka TMT is likely to be installed at Hanle village in Ladakh, India. Back in 2013, we had reported that the...