Smart band to prevent women's harassment

Project Abstract / Summary : To design a wearable device to improve women’s security during harassment situations by providing the help to the victim in a faster way than the conventional methods. The location along with the user id will be transmitted to IoT Hub with the help of LinkIT board [using GSM/GPRS]. Using Machine learning, the Smart band application users in that region will be identified and an alert notification will be sent to them along with the user id and location from IoT hub. Further, the alert message will be forwarded to nearby police station and the user’s registered family members. Apart from this, the idea also aims to provide general security, so as to avoid kidnapping and robbery.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : During the year 2015, over three lakh women were kidnapped, raped, molested—and in some extreme cases, killed—by men across the country. That's almost a 27 percent increase since 2012!! An overwhelming majority of women (90%) who experience sexual harassment do not register a police complaint. Alarmingly, in over 90% of the incidents people around did not respond to help the women. These evidences motivated us to find a solution for this social problem

Project Highlights : This project has a major impact on security for women’s during harassment situation. This will be best solution than the conventional methods. This project also acts as protecting device for young children and old aged people when they are left alone in home. This can also be used for providing medical assistance to the individuals when they are stranded. It can also provide immediate help to victims during emergency or accidental situations.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Easwari Engineering College
City: Chennai
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm 2015 pass out I'v 50% throughout and looking for job as java developer.I'v done diploma in java but no luck so far. I'm planning for CDAC Aug 2016 batch....
Project Abstract / Summary : To design a wearable device to improve women’s security during harassment situations by providing the help to the victim in a faster way than the...
Can CEans come up with their opinions of this very imaginative shot by Kenny Rogers on FB?
Opera Software ASA, confirmed Tuesday night that it has received an acquisition offer from a consortium of Chinese Internet companies that values the browser maker at $1.2 billion. The consortium...
The British venture, Intelligent Energy has recently joined hands with an undisclosed smartphone company to work on a £5.25m project that could redefine the smartphone powering technology. Intelligent Energy firmly...