Slow Internet? Blame it on "Vardah"

Have you been facing slow Internet connection speeds? Well, the blame goes to Vardah, the Cyclone that hit Chennai and disturbed the nearby undersea cable network. Take a look at how India's connected with the Internet. The map below shows the major undersea cables that connect India with the rest of the world. The network near Chennai has been disturbed by the cyclon.

Vardah-Cyclone-Internet-Speed

Most part of the southern and central India seems to be affected. Internet Service Providers like YOU, AIRTEL, Reliance Communications have been affected and have already informed their users about the issue.

In future, we may have some relief with the third Internet Gateway getting ready at Agartala.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I see ! I was wondering when got SMS from You Broadband about same. Now it's bit clear with this communication lines.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Even the email of one of our companies is down as it is Chennai based. Murphy (or at least his law) is quite active in these situations. A lot of urgent work on hand requires data I have on that mail.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Update. Mail back in action. Unfortunately, I have to also.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, I'm developing a product that will be submerged only 1-2 feet under water while 1/3 feet of the upper body will be above the surface. The tech is...
Completed my BE in Computer Engineering and i want to learn more but confused what to do next.. I am good in programming and completed my BE with 8.2 CGPA....
which branch should I prefer after B.Tech?
Amazon has just announced the launch of Amazon Prime Video in India. The service is cheapest of all the similar competing services in India like Hotstar (Rs. 190/mo) and NetFlix...
Downloading torrents is officially illegal in India and I'm wondering if you know anyone's been arrested for downloading torrents. What I'm trying to know is whether the government has already...