Skoda Octavia 2013 India Launch On 3rd October. Expected Price In India Rs 14-19 Lakhs

The latest Skoda Octavia sedan shall celebrate its India launch on 3rd October this year. Officially announced in August, the 2013 Skoda Octavia is slated to hit the Indian market in three engine variants (two petrol, one diesel) and the anticipated price bracket is from Rs 14.5 to 19 lakhs. India's festive season guarantees a potential sale for this sedan, which is developed on Volkswagen’s new MQB platform, which was even employed in VW Golf and Audi A3. To be retailed as complete knock down units, the Skoda Octavia India production has already commenced at the company's plant in Aurangabad. The dealers have already started accepting bookings for this car.

skoda-octavia-india-launch

Now more about the three engine variants. The first is the 1.4 liter TSi engine that shall be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox, delivering a maximum power of 140 PS and generating maximum torque of 250Nm. The second engine variant is a 1.8 liter TSi engin mated to a DSG gearbox, driving home a peak power of 177 bhp and maximum torque of 320 Nm. The third engine variant is a 2.0 TDi engine that shall be offered in two options- mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox, or mated to a 6-speed auto DSG transmission. The max power output for this engine is 150 bhp, while the maximum torque registered is 320Nm.

The safety requirements of the new Skoda Octavia are well taken care of. Protecting the proud Octavian is the ABS, fatigue detection system, nine airbags, intelligent light assistant, adaptive cruise control and traffic signal recognition. The 2013 Skoda Octavia also prides a new Skoda logo that shall sport all upcoming models henceforth.

Keep watching this space for more information about the awesome Skoda hot-wheels. The car looks promising, and we do believe a lot more about it needs to be writ and said. Awaiting the release.

Image Courtesy: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Skoda is a stylish car maker who had introduced a better car for sedan car lovers.With nine airbags, Skoda definitely promises safety for its valuable customers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The Octavia was one of my favorite cars; but was always beyond budgets. #justsaying. 👎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is it true that we can operate our computer system without using mouse? If yes lets go.
ZenGrab LaneWatch is a digital wireless traffic enforcement camera - also being called the super robocam - that provides unattended CCTV based video evidence of Bus Lane, Bus Gate and...
Tesco, the British multinational, the company we best know for having built the world's first virtual store where commuters buy groceries via their mobile phones in South Korea, has come...
Today I crossed my first 10,000 posts on CE. 😀 I miss the old name @AbraKaDabra All our usernames were so much fun to use. I still call Sahithi as...
Yes, you read the title correct. Recently Samsung lost the lawsuit against Apple, and court ordered Samsung to pay $1.05 billion to Apple. However there was no mention of mode...