Sivapriya donates entire prize money

Sivapriya won Rs.12 Lakhs in the 'you can also become a crorepathi' show in Kerala.
Though nowhere near rolling in wealth herself, Sivapriya donated the entire amount for development work in her panchayat.
Hats off to Sivapriya, may your tribe increase!
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good people do exist.

I'm against donating to temples. What I do is keep some change handy and hand it over to the beggars. If I ever get 'rich' ๐Ÿ˜€ , I'm going to build Gurukuls and free medical checkup centers.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    I'm against donating to temples. What I do is keep some change handy and hand it over to the beggars. If I ever get 'rich' ๐Ÿ˜€ , I'm going to build Gurukuls and free medical checkup centers.
    Neither do I. In our family we decided that spending money on rituals does not make sense either. Brahmins do an annual shraadh for the departed of the previous generation.
    We arrange for a one day meal at one or other orphanage for such occasions. Costs a little more perhaps. But more satisfying. It is interesting that others are now following this.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    HATS OFF to the girl, ๐Ÿ‘

The_Big_K
    Good people do exist.

I am also strictly against the donating the money in temples.
    However, my thinking changed twice for donating the money to beggars as well:

Instance 1:
    One poor boy came to me and asked me if I can give him 12 Rs. I asked why (as he was exactly asking 12 Rs)? he told that he needed to buy a book which is costing 18 Rs and he have only 6 Rs with him. I was very happy with the simplicity and honesty of the boy and thought that I will buy him the book. The book store was near by, I went there and bought him the book for 18 Rs.

I was shell shocked to see that after 5 minutes the same boy was asking the 12 rs with my friend. I caught the boy and asked him why he is asking again and he told that he sold that book in 17 Rs to the same shop keeper. NOTHING more I could say him.

Instance 2:
    A handicapped lady was asking me for some money, I gave her Rs 10. After half an hour when I was driving through the place, I saw that lady was smoking a cigarette.

These instance destroy your belief and forces you to think that are you helping them or ruining their lives?

After these two instances, I was so determined that I won't give money to any beggar and since than I always donate money in orphanage, blind school (I am telling you spending time with those folks gives you immense pleasure) or hospital ONLY.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I tell myself - I pay 10x more amount for the goods at malls and at 'posh' shops. If I'm going to donate money anyway; I'll give the 'benefit of doubt'. If my donation can make just one soul happy for a night; my money is well spent. Of course, those who're capable should build 'systems'. It could be a school or a hospital or an orphanage etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can u pls suggest me to have the reference of Antennas and Wave Propagation?
what is brin finger? how it works? can it be a kind of best seminar topic?
Hi All, I am Sanidhya from raipur (C.G). I just completed my engineering in July 2012 and planning to start a It firm which would provide It services and solutions...
sir, please explain me what is dryness fraction? I didn't understood that in my class....
I want to get some suggestion what should i make in java language as my major project for college training..