Site Speed & Google Rankings

Google has released #-Link-Snipped-# saying that from now onwards, site's loading speed will matter in site's search engine ranking. All things same, the faster loading website will get higher preference in search rankings. Google says that "faster sites don't just improve user experience; recent data shows that improving site speed also #-Link-Snipped-#". At the same time, Google also mentions that site's loading time is not as important as relevance and less than 1% of the total sites they list (which is still a HUGE number) are affected by site speed factor. It would be very interesting to note that how Google measures and differentiates the site which have lot of rich media and images on its pages. For example, if site A has 5 images and site B has  10 images (each of same size), we may safely assume that site B will take longer to load than site A. In such a case, if the sites do not have relevant text; how would Google rank site A & B? Sites with lot of content, CrazyEngineers for example, may take lot of time to load. We also track website performance with Google Analytics which, I believe, adds to page loading times. I believe Google should make it more clear how the site speed factor will contribute to site's rankings. If you have more information about Site speed and Google rankings, please share it through comments. -Kaustubh Katdare | Founder, CrazyEngineers-

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the most frequently asked question is whether MBA degree would help in starting a business. The answer is, yes it can. But not in the ways you expect...
Four years after its inception on the Internet, CrazyEngineers is now ready to make its first hire. We've started looking for engineers who are great bloggers to contribute to our...
Popular Indian Author of "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish", Rashmi Bansal is back with her latest novel, "Connect The Dots". The first book featured stories of entrepreneurs who had a degree...
I've been trying my hands on the latest uBuntu release 10.04 and I'm impressed! The OS is really fast, boots in about 15-20 seconds on my Dell Inspiron 15 and...
Finally UK will be able to use '@gmail.com' in email IDs. Starting October 19, 2005 all the new Gmail users from UK were transferred to '@googlemail.com' domain. This step was...