Sirin Labs To Launch Solarin - A $20000 Military-Secure Android Handset

Is your device security the most important thing for you? Does your work require high privacy? Well, then the Solarin handset is for you. #-Link-Snipped-#, a British-Israeli company, is to launch its "near-impenetrable handset" next month. The price of the handset is estimated a whopping $20,000, however if a compromise in the security of your handset can cost you more, then the price tag seems ok. The handset Solarin is said to run Google’s Android in addition to another ‘Unspecified Technology’ exclusively available to its handset owners.

Untitled

The company was born in 2013 after the co-founder and Chairman of the Board - Mr. Kenges Rakishev's phone was hacked. After various failed attempts at finding a truly private device, Rakishev along with Moshe Hogeg, the President and Tal Cohen, the CEO decided to build Solarin. According to Hogeg, they were unable to find any present solution that combined and high-end device with maximum security. The company was backed by $72 million by private funders and is now opening its first store in London to sell its flagship Solarin handset, dubbed by them as the Rolls Royce of smartphones.

The company has not yet released further information regarding the device but has promised to do so soon. However, Sirin co-founder and president Moshe Hogeg did mention that their smartphone is equipped with the most advanced technology, even if its commercially unavailable, combined with a military-grade security. The company is planning to sell the device to high ranked executives in US and Europe, as they believe that the cost of being hacked could be much more than that.

Source:Start-up Sirin to launch ultra high-tech phone for executives | Reuters

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys, I'm a B.E. grad 2015 who's completed software testing course and looking for job opportunities. So, I got this opportunity to work from home for a company (LLC)...
Swipe Technologies has been quick to launch the third member of the Elite family titled the Elite Note. The Swipe Elite Note is an entry-level phablet sized smartphone that features...
Finish telecom network maker Nokia bought the French consumer electronics company Withings S.A for about 170 million euros (Rs. 1271 Crores) on 26 April 2016, in move to strengthen its...
Scientists at Iowa State University in USA have successfully developed micro-scale, liquid-metal particles which can be put to use for heat-free soldering, fabricating, repairing and processing of metals - all...
I am a first year student at the University of Lyon, France and I am required to interview an engineer about their job. This interview is part of a professional...