Sir Alec Westley Skempton F.R.S. (1914-2001)- Father of soil mechanics

This is an interesting biography of Sir Alec Westley Skempton F.R.S.
A very interesting person. An engineer, who got into research from year one of studies. After studying the collapse of a dam, he got into soil mechanics, which is now an important subject in civil engineering.

He was knighted and also made a Fellow of the Royal Society.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, i am first time entrepreneur and run a electronics design company at chennai. We are looking at passionate engineers who are looking to work on their academic projects with...
In these modes what is the prime difference I found this In differential mode the difference in the signal is amplified and in common mode the common pulse is amplified...
Hello, I wish to know what is an analog IC. So far I've only heard and read about the digital ICs. Is there any difference between the two?
I was challenged by a post made by the big k(the admin) a few minutes ago.A lot of inventions have been made but so far,,most of the invented gadgets and...
Quote: Join key manufacturers and industry professionals from around the globe at GlobalSpec's Solar Energy event. Explore the latest developments in photovoltaic and solar thermal systems; learn of developments in...