Simple/Basic questions on SQL

i am a beginner in sql. so kindly bear with my questions if they are
very stupid
1) on what operating systems does sql work on?
2) can sql be used as a database to acces stuff in mobile phones i.e.....does it work on o.s like symbian, MAC etc..............
3) what programming langauage to be used 2 acces sql database

kindly reply soon................ if possible send me a website which has sum kind of a tutorial for this
thanx

Replies

• Ashutosh_shukla
    Ashutosh_shukla
    MySQL is a database which can work on Windows and Linux. Also SQL is the language of database.I dont have idea of whether it works on mobiles.SQL is structured querry language it comprises of DDL and DML.Try searching google a bit more and you will find it out.
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    SQL is a "Structured Query Language"...it's kind of programming language for databases (like Mysql,Oracle etc...)...

SQL contains different types of Query's that we can build our own query and when we give this query to any database...result is given as output.

So answers for your questions are

1) Databases are kind of software which should be installed on our computer and then only you can use it....so it depends on which database you use ...MYSQL or ORACLE ... both can be installed on Window and Linux environment..

2) As i said earlier....depends on the database you use...

3) SQL is the language supported by databases

Wikipedia is the Best source to learn...please refer this link -> Sql
  • nileshchakkar
    nileshchakkar
    1) on what operating systems does sql work on?

yah its run on windows xp, vista n even linux*(i m not sure abt version)
    2) can sql be used as a database to acces stuff in mobile phones i.e.....does it work on o.s like symbian, MAC etc..............

yah actually ur palm os acts as front end n ur sql as backend so we can use it
    in handheld device for thier application we goes through (J2ME) java 2 mobile edition
    3) what programming langauage to be used 2 acces sql database
    as i alredy said sql as backend we used it for as database n front end may be VB, Java, Structs Framework ,J2ME
  • hinduja.prasad
    hinduja.prasad
    thank u guyz.........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

r there mobile phones which have an inbuilt dictionary(i.e without the use of internet). if so what tecnology do they use?????
Hi All, Can anyone here tell me how to use superscript options in my post.I could not find it in even Advanced Editing Mode.Please help ๐Ÿ˜€ e.g. I want to...
Hi, I am building a snake robot as part of my final year project. The robot has to swim in water using lateral undulation (also known as serpentine motion). To...
CEans, CE has just added its 27,000[sup]th[/sup] CEan ! ๐Ÿ˜ Rock on! ๐Ÿ˜ Let's aim for 30,000 now ๐Ÿ˜!
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/10521-27-000-ceans.html in this thread!