Simple Line follower with legs

hi ,
i need serious help in robotics.I actually decided to make simple line following robot with the help of the basic photodiodes and ir lights.<>.
actually i decided to make it walking for clg xbition.
I ust think of a simple mech. a motor rotating a hole in a stick...but some how the idea don't works...pls help meπŸ˜”πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Replies

• limestone7000
    limestone7000
    for lline follower, (or wall follower robots) u NEED microcontrollers dude,
    othwerwise it's just a 'follow-nothin' robot!! lol

k but u can make a mechanical robot(without a micro controller) but u have to control it with wires and switches.

if u have no experience in robotics, i suggest u start with mechanical robots first, dont jump higher,

Eat spoon by spoon my dear frnd!
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    for lline follower, (or wall follower robots) u NEED microcontrollers dude,
    othwerwise it's just a 'follow-nothin' robot!! lol

k but u can make a mechanical robot(without a micro controller) but u have to control it with wires and switches.

if u have no experience in robotics, i suggest u start with mechanical robots first, dont jump higher,

Eat spoon by spoon my dear frnd!😎
  • theerth17
    theerth17
    ha ha... who said u cant make line follower without uc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can make a simple line follower with a single IC7404 and a LM358... I've made 1 and its working awesome
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    I need help for making a Line follower with the help of microcontroller.....i had already made an RC robot....(with wheels)
    any tutorial for making an Line follower.....
    Thanks in advance πŸ˜€
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    theerth17
    ha ha... who said u cant make line follower without uc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can make a simple line follower with a single IC7404 and a LM358... I've made 1 and its working awesome
    then with what will u interpret the input and control the output??

i agree the circuit will work to sense the line... but it, on it's own, can't make the robot move...we need a device to control the locomotion of the robot by processing the input, thats where MicroC steps in...
    There may be better devices like MicroProcessors, but MicroC is a basic one!!!!
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    TARANJEET SINGH
    I need help for making a Line follower with the help of microcontroller.....i had already made an RC robot....(with wheels)
    any tutorial for making an Line follower.....
    Thanks in advance πŸ˜€
    do u mean, u have produced a wired RC or a wireless RC bot?

anyways...abt the line following, i gotta question...have u studied any micro controllers?
    if no, then i recommend u to do it, without any delay!
    ^_^
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    yes, i had studied 8051 microcontroller.....
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    TARANJEET SINGH
    yes, i had studied 8051 microcontroller.....
    then thats good enough,
    start off with designing a circuit, and design the specifications of ur bot
    then u can get components, with 8051 get all the components essential to run it, like 11.0592 MHz crystal oscillator,(most of the time, they miss it!!)

later, u can start programming a code, for it following a particular line,
    and download it with the programmer(the whole kit will be provided by ur college, u can borrow them from ur head of deparment)
    after downloading the prog. u can buy other hardware components, like motors, batteries, clamps and screws/buts/bolt, etc. from market and test it, if any prob u can change the code and shoot it back!
    or troubleshoot the hardware aspects, like buy a battery which gives more power, or u can change the motor if u feel like doing so! Or u can add devices like transistors in ur circuit, to incease current going to the motor!![now that comes from experience] ^_^

and remember, investment in robotics at this stage is more like utilizing ur money than wasting it(even if u don't succeed!!!)

have fun
    ^_<
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    thanks for the advice πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to make money through adsense.. give some suggestions for me,, I dont want to spend money in starting a site by my own, Is it possible to use...
l see a lot of people use blogs, I heard it is an online diary, but do people use it like that??? what is the real purpose for creating a...
Hello, I'm a senior in EE and it's time for the semester project, after our chairman shot down most everyone's project ideas multiple times, I believe I got an 'ok'...
Hi. I am a student of 8th Sem Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I have had an opportunity to work with HIINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED (HAL) for my project. Today we reported...
USB Safeguard 1.1 Size: 736KB USB Safeguard is software to encrypt and protect data with a password on your removable pen drives using the AES 256 bits encryption. Simply drag...