Signed 2 Yr. Bond: Opt For MS Through Company Or Go For M.Tech?

Hi,

Currently am working in a company which has two years of bond. I would like to do higher education. In 2010 i had cleared GATE exam with 95.3 percentile in computer sceince. One more year validity is left.
There is a option in our company to do MS in BITS pilani. Which one is a best option?
1.Taking MS through company
2.quit job and do M .Tech
3.Complete 2 years bond write gate exam one more time in that time and go for higher education after that.

Which option can i choose to grow in my career? Kindly suggest me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Higher education

Chitti: Welcome to CE. We hope to see you as a regular member of CE Community.

Your decision should be influenced by your future goals. It'd help if you have a clear idea of what your expectations from your career are. GATE and MS are just ways to get there. Since you've 2 years bond, you'll have to figure how what are the implications of breaking it if you decide to go for further studies right away. So your first step should be - whether breaking the bond that you've signed is affordable to you.

Now coming down to choosing between M.Tech & MS - the choice should be influenced by: 1. Your career aspirations 2. Interests 3. Opportunity Cost.

Think what will be your future like if you opt for MS. Does your company allow you to take up the MS course while you're yet to complete the 2 year bond. What are your future prospects if you opt for M.Tech and whether you can afford (not cost wise) to stay in the company for 2 years and manage a good score in GATE.

Going forward, what are your expectations from your career and what according to you is growth in career?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

No. I am not asking you the name of the inventor or anything of that sort. Recently, one of my lecturers said it's compulsory to give a National Level Paper...
The one that comes with the Slim, does it need a different play and charge kit? plugged in the battery from my old white controller and it gets no power?
Domain: Data Mining Heterogeneous Transfer Learning with Real-World Applications Towards an Effective XML Keyword Search Extracting Content Approach for Web Pages Based on Visual Representation Effective Personalized Privacy Preservation Sorting...
Auto Drain Valve With Air Drier for Compressor Auto hammer striker Auto side stand indicator and center stand AUTOMATIC LUBRICATING MACHINE Automatic Dimensioning Machine AUTOMATIC DISC PARKING SYSTEM AUTOMATIC DRILLING...
Here are a few project topics, if you know more please add them here. Coolant Monitoring System PC based Plate Cutting Machine Automatic Tool Store Programmable Hopper with Computer Control...