Side Effects Of Winning The First Olympic Medal For India

Winning a medal in Olympics is a great deal! But now the win comes in a package deal. Be the first one to get an Olympic medal for India and you get a tablet named after you. Not only this, you would be greeted with a percentage of profit of the sales. Sounds good? Infact, sounds amazing! And this honour is experienced by 'Mr Gagan Narang' - the first one to get a medal for India (bronze medal in 10-metre air rifle event on Monday).
Milagrow has announced that it will have an upcoming tablet and domestic robot named after Gagan Narang. Not only this, the shooter gets 5% of the sales of 'Gagan Tablet', which could be around 50lac.
The company has already started thinking about the icing, it plans to sell about 10,000 Gagan tablets where each would cost around Rs. 10,000.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Not sure of gagan tablet, but winning is itself a gift of glory
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Side Effect ! What do you mean?

Sorry for being rude, but didn't get a single word in your post that what do you want to indicate? Gagan Narang made country proud. If he is getting benefits that's his efforts those are paying off, why are you using the word as SIDE EFFECT?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    'Side Effect' doesn't carry negative aura around it, I think. 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I was puzzled with the title too. A side effect is generally an 'undesirable' effect of a drug or a medical treatment. We can't use it in a positive sense, can we? 👀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    In English we shouldn't 😁
  • Smeechi Mittal
    Smeechi Mittal
    I agree that the word is used for negative effects of drug. But we always have a chance to make it sound different. After all it is English, the words cannot mean what people use it like, they have their own meaning 😉

-- just a thought
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Side effect even in medicine means behaviour other than the primary one. The herbal medicine Aswagandha is a general nerve tonic. It also has a side effect of being an aphrodisiac. Not only is this not considered negative, many use it as that.
    I guess it better than what our successful cricketers get into in sponsoring.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    By seeing the title, I thought there may be some rumors, wrong judgements or something like that with your word 'SIDE EFFECT'. Didn't get the clear idea what you are trying to say with that word. Anyway benefits make them to work more harder for our country. And I remember last year even Abhinav Bindra got some benefits from our Prime Minister and Railway Minister. I didn't remember them.

Anyway, Getting a Medal is Good for India 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Eight states in North India suffer the greed of Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. It was the worst power cut I had seen, starting at 2:33 am. It was almost...
According to this press release from Facebook, now when you click on the Photos on top of your timeline the users can get to see larger photos covering the entire...
As you might know the Uplay application is a system where the users gain points and rewards for performance which are logged online and it comes bundled with many Ubisoft...
According to this Gmail blog post, the regular video chat of Gmail is being upgraded to Google+ Hangouts. While the regular video chat made use of peer-to-peer technology, Hangouts are...
have u gone through this...isn't it an innovative towards helping those people who can't move their's limbs???