Should You Tell Your Manager/Boss/Employer About Your Startup In Stealth Mode?

There are quite a few engineers who work on startups in their off-work hours using their own resources [email, computers, Internet etc.], while being full time employed. In such a case, what should be the strategy? Should you tell your manager, boss about the startup you're working on?

In my opinion, as long as you're not in a competing business with your employer, there shouldn't be any problem. It'd also help to read out your company policies. I'd like to know views of engineers who're working on their own startups in part time.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Route survey is a subject after you have taken the subjects of elementary surveying and higher surveying. This subject is very important to us civil engineers. By means of route...
I had a gd today for alstom internship and it was worst. THe topic is the pros and cons of credit card. But i never use it so i dont...
I stumbled upon an initiative by NEN called First Dot. NEN has selected top 30 startups from a submission of 150+ startups in the first year itself. Look at the...
hey friends, i think you all know me i am feeling so problematic with the subject vlsi design can any one explain it in a new way that i can...
please friends let me know what to speak and what not when HR asks you about introduce yourself as in how to start and end your perspective about you. Can...