Should we switch to our 'real names' instead of 'usernames'?

We display 'username' of the poster along with their messages. A lot of people have suggested that we should switch to 'real names' of CEans than displaying their 'usernames'. When CE started, people were hesitant of using their real names online and preferred nicknames. But Facebook and Linkedin changed all of that and now people are are comfortable using their real names.

Do you think we should switch over to our real names on CE? Of course, it will won't be compulsory; but we will start accepting username change requests.

What do you say?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The names would be displayed as 'Firstname Lastname' aka -

Bill Gates
    Steve Jobs

instead of 'billg' or 'SJApple'.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I don't know about others, but, let my username remain unchanged.#period.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Issue
    I don't know about others, but, let my username remain unchanged.#period.
    I second Issue. I would like to stick with my username.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    can I stick to mine too . Nevertheless it wont change a thing even if you change it to my real name ๐Ÿ˜
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    I, as well ,want to keep my username only ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good to know that people want to keep their usernames as display names on CE. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I had mine changed From my actual to this pen name I like it this way
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Do you think we should switch over to our real names on CE? Of course, it will won't be compulsory; but we will start accepting username change requests. What do you say?
    Yes. Let us try it out. Please change mine to Ramani Aswath.
    What's in a name? It is one label or another. In the early days of hotmail it would not accept my name saying that it was taken. So I created the 'bioramani' label that I began to use everywhere.
    I am not my name. Not that I know who I am. I am on that philosophical quest for a while.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll do, I might change my display name as well. Let's give it a try.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Its fancy to have a user name like English-Scared , but if its displayed as firstname, lastname I would prefer it as if facebook is allowed to be like that and if we are open to crap like facebook by our complete names then we are open to allow CE a professional site to be accessed with firstname lastname combination ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    For me, its a no. I am happy with Pensu. Not that I have any issue with saying I am Peeyush Gupta, it's just that it has been quite a time since I have been known as Pensu on CE and I would like to retain it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

tech support job good or bad after engnienering and even though salary bis good do they provide growth cn we change jobs to diff domain after this job
I use windows deep blue operating system. i installed apache tomcat 7.0 server for running jsp. it is installed properly but it does not start properly. if i start it...
I want to be clear that why we use spur gears in rack and pinion arrangement,as i had seen many such arrangement as in case of OHP (overhead projector). why...
Hi all, Please let me know how to design CCM and DCM flyback converters, and what is the major difference?
When the temperature of a liquid increases, its density decreases, so does its viscosity. so from this, can we say that the density and viscosity of a liquid are related...