View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12829 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Engg.Dee
Engg.Dee • Sep 14, 2012

Should we mention Mother's Name, Religion & Declaration In CV Resume?

As i m a B.tech final year student, campus drives are coming soon. i have a query regarding resume's formats.
it is necessary to provide family details like father name, mother name, religion, nationality, D.O.B. and informations like that. also is declaration also necessary because it increase the length of resume. does it has more importance of showing in resumes.
i have seen lot of old pattern cv in which these kind of informations have been providing.
Engg.Dee
Engg.Dee • Sep 15, 2012
still no reply.........i m waiting...!
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 15, 2012
A CV is an on-paper representation of you - the professional. What to include in it is entirely your choice. But presenting information that isn't related to your job won't add value to your resume. Your father / mother / religion won't usually matter, but nationality and Date of Birth could be asked to fill in. So you may not mention those details in your CV.

Declaration, I believe is optional. I've always questioned why it's necessary to declare what you are writing in your resume is 'correct'. It HAS to be correct. Also, when I graduated, I accommodated all my information in just one page. I paid lot of attention to formatting and presenting the information and even had interviewers appreciate the way I had presented information.

You might take a look at our Resume Template Format For Graduating Engineers.
Engg.Dee
Engg.Dee • Sep 15, 2012
i have seen the resume format presented by CEians team, there also deceleration is not mention. so as per this format in case of i use it i dont need to be mention the deceleration. may it be good?
Kaustubh Katdare
Engg.Dee
i have seen the resume format presented by CEians team, there also deceleration is not mention. so as per this format in case of i use it i dont need to be mention the deceleration. may it be good?
Could you post the text that you want to use as your declaration? That would help us understand better.
Engg.Dee
Engg.Dee • Sep 15, 2012
it might be as..
i hereby declare that the information provided by me is true to my best knowledge and belief.

that causes of increase or doubled the page..i want conclude my resume in one single page.
Kaustubh Katdare
Engg.Dee
it might be as..
i hereby declare that the information provided by me is true to my best knowledge and belief.
I personally find it a little out of the place. You certifying yourself does not make any sense to me. I'd not include it in my resume. I'd recommend removing it.
Engg.Dee
Engg.Dee • Sep 15, 2012
thanks....😀

Share this content on your social channels -