Should there be a notice period for employees who resigned?

Hmm.

Well, first of all, I think the title of the post IS a debate topic. I'll refrain myself from posting an introduction to the topic.

Feel free to comment - let's see what crazy engineers think.

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    In my personal opinion, every employee is a knowledge pool. Keeping a backup of every person in 100% is almost impossible. So for smooth transition of roles & responsibilities notice period should be there !
    Moreover, the period should depend upon the role and responsibility, the post of person is carrying. Higher the post, larger the time period.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    definately yes,eveyone has right to know about himself,well in time!!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Two weeks notice as customery is about right.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What do you think about employee being zero-productive during the notice period? He/she might even inspire others to quit the company. Might even do a good damage to existing projects etc.

{I've seen one such case}
  • Differential
    Differential
    What do you think about employee being zero-productive during the notice period? He/she might even inspire others to quit the company. Might even do a good damage to existing projects etc
    Then why Managers are paid fat salaries for ?? To tackle such things ! Right ? 😀
  • Itanium
    Itanium
    It shouldn't be mandatory, from an IT perspective.. all projects should be made independant to an employee..if really a CMM is practiced and documented... i dont think there is a need for notice period.
  • Sunil Singh
    Sunil Singh
    I believe there should be a notice period of only 7 days for employees who resign. As it gives firm an opportunity to the firm to delegate the authority for the time being till the vacant space is filled. Now-a-days firms like Wipro, TCS, JP Morgan Chase, other leading IT firms and PSUs have kept a notice period of a month. Due to this reason and increased competition employees differ from filling in a notice period and leave the firm. Today for one post companies have around 10 people waiting to acquire it, so employees cannot wait for months to show their credibility towards the firms they will not be associated with any longer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Okay, I'd like to know where in the world would you like to see next CE Meet happen. No, don't name your dream destination - but a place where you...
CEans, For the knowledge hungry among us - Google has come up with Google Knol - Knol: a unit of knowledge Unlike wikipedia - Google holds the authors responsible for...
hi ,can you help me out with some ideas for doing projects in the field of electronics:smile:
36 hrs in mumbai-pune.... A day stretched long... The one thing I really like to hate...wasting some precious time...only if i could have used the time available with me. I...
can anyone please tell me a miniproject for EEE which cost very cheap