Should Prime Minister & Chief Justice Be Under Lokpal Ambit?

The controversies are heating up. The public representatives of the Jan Lokpal Bill drafting committee are firm on their stand that the Prime Minister and Chief Justice should be under the Lokpal while the Indian Government officials believe that it would render them inactive if charges of corruption pop up against them.

There are several views about this among general public (as I guessed from comments to the relevant articles written on leading national newspapers). Arvind Kerajiwal, one of the public representatives said that if PM is excluded from Jan Lokpal then it would immediately exclude 10 departments that function under him.

It would be interesting to hear what our CEans think about the issue. Justify your stand.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, The eagle eye readers must have noticed the new section in CE. Well, it's actually our CE - Reviews section which has gotten a new name. With the name...
Stumbled across this poem while reading around the net: The art of pretending is tricky indeed. It takes planning, luck, and lots of speed. Your boss comes by so you...
Samsung Galaxy S users rejoice! The Samsung Galaxy S Gingerbread 2.3.3 update - DDJV6 is now available through KIES software. The 2.3.3 update promises to bring performance improvements and many...
Sony Ericsson has just released the Android 2.1 update for AT&T Xperia X10 users. The new update promises lot of new features and ability to download and run more applications...
Okay, pardon my limited knowledge as I haven't followed news on the Microsoft's Mango phone. Steve Ballmer promised that the new update will bring over 500 new features to the...