Should poll prediction by media stopped?

Yesterday Union Minister Kapil Sibal said " Pre poll predictions has to be stopped as it affects the mind frame of the Voter. There is a claim that the Voters Come to predetermined Conclusion Even before entering into the Voting Booth and This affects their Voting Style"

Should this be stopped.

What is your take on this topic?

Most of the pre poll predictions done by some channels have been nearly 100% accurate So should this be stopped.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Of course not. Congress is just finding it hard to believe that they won't come into power the next polls. All their dirty little secrets have created problems for the country in all the aspects. Also they are trying to demolish anything coming in their way and they dont care if what they speak is pure shit.

Pre-Election Predictions are being done since decades. It was done in 2004 and 2009 itself. why does it seem to bother now. they are acting like britishers in Indian clothes. Atleast the british were true to what they were doing. They accepted all their mistakes and made alterations in their policy whenever required. The current government is worse.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Taking a single stand is not the main objective of the topic

Do you think the population as a mass is brain washed by these predictions ? as Mr. Sibal claims
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    These predictions are meant to reflect the popularity index in relation with the work done. It takes into consideration the quantifiable work done in sectors by different parties/MLAs/MPs and puts them through in an index. Then justifies their predictions. If Mr. Sibal thinks it is brainwashing masses, he is brainwashed himself I guess. This is just another political stunt because in all the predictions, UPA doesn't stand a chance. Some even claim that NDA will come into power with record seats. So this is just another political show by Mr. Sibbal. If he thinks they are brainwashing the masses, then he should have better worked towards development rather than criticizing the media system.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    This poll prediction system has both pros and cons but we want to consider the better one.As conqueror said people want to come to vote booth in a preset mind.#-Link-Snipped-# do you want people want to come to vote booth without a clear idea on his decision.Poll prediction creates inferiority complex between the parties and stir more tense admist the people on results of election because parties tend to attack the people only.😭
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I never said that poll prediction must be stopped. It is completely necessary. It is exactly the report card of the political parties reflected in audits. When the real poll results come out, it is taken into consideration the pre poll predictions and the after poll results. It is complete strategy management.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Let me talk it otherwise Do you think the mentality of the entire state be fixed by the random answers of 1000 people in a place

This format is not upto the level in pre poll predictions. But avoiding it is like bull shit.

It is one way a party can get themselves some name without actually having to pay anything for the canvasing
    And by the way we all know that each and every party has its own tv channel and newspaper and they use the poll prediction to induce a false image/illusion to people on the winners.Whats your take on this?
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Really true 1000 people don't represent a state or a large metro The way a sample is surveyed becomes a prime role in these predictions

But In my knowledge some english channels predicted the results really accurately last polls in AP, TN and many other state. So what is your take.

Some TV are not party oriented can be trusted to an extent I am not sure about how their higher ends work in reality
    Conqueror
    Really true 1000 people don't represent a state or a large metro The way a sample is surveyed becomes a prime role in these predictions

But In my knowledge some english channels predicted the results really accurately last polls in AP, TN and many other state. So what is your take.

Some TV are not party oriented can be trusted to an extent I am not sure about how their higher ends work in reality
    Are you talking about NDTV,TIMES NOW,CNBC etc.i agree to you bro but we want to be clear that majority of indian people still prefer regional channels and they trust it to the core.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The popularity of regional channels are a bane to poll predictions Mate. I have personally not read any predictions by local TV till date as we know what they will say

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are some studies that show that a messy desk shows that the person is more creative (finding reasons for the mess?). There may be some merit to the findings...
Indian Government has passed the Indian Companies Bill 2013. I thought of jotting down the highlights and 'what you need to know' so that you don't have to go through...
A good news for Developers using OS X- Apple has announced release of OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5. This would be a beta release and will feature a preview...
how to store the contents on command prompt on to a file?? Is there any buffer log created? like we have in SQL? (the 'ed' command opens up the latest...
When Firefox and Chrome are launching the developer versions, how can Opera stay back? With an attempt to provide an early glimpse (before a stable 17 version) to the users...