Should Moderators Ban Users For Being Annoying?

You know what I mean. ๐Ÿ˜› Some people are annoying in general.
So, even if they are not spamming or breaking any rules, should a mod ban users because they are a nuisance to everyone around? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ‘Ž

PS: The post doesn't have any reference to anyone, since we don't have any annoying CEans around. Asking it because this was always a question in the back of my mind.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Send him a warning message! If they continue to behave in a same manner,ban them!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    AbraKaDabra
    You know what I mean. ๐Ÿ˜› Some people are annoying in general.
    So, even if they are not spamming or breaking any rules, should a mod ban users because they are a nuisance to everyone around? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    No.
    Untill and unless somebody is breaking rules, mods shouldn't ban somebody. If somebody is spreading negative energy that doesn't mean that he is doing something wrong.... Spamming should be a big no.

Still, if mods are feeling some posts shouldn't be read by community, they can edit that after all the are THE MOD SQAD Members ๐Ÿ˜

just my personal views.

-CB
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    if mod book mentions so .๐Ÿ˜‰ , rules are just guidelines
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As compare to other forums here on CE we have given more freedom to members. So i agree with Reya's opinion.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are other ways to get rid of annoying members if any. Frankly speaking, I'm yet to see any annoying member here on CE ๐Ÿ‘. What mechanisms we have for annoying people will be discussed with all the mods privately.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    There are other ways to get rid of annoying members if any. Frankly speaking, I'm yet to see any annoying member here on CE ๐Ÿ‘. What mechanisms we have for annoying people will be discussed with all the mods privately.
    Admin Edit: We don't talk about it openly anywhere. Right? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    If there is no rule to ban them then it should not be done..!
    If 'members' should not break the rules, then the 'mods' too should follow.. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What will be done to mild annoyers like myself?๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    What will be done to mild annoyers like myself?๐Ÿ˜
    You are an annoyer we all like. Exception; sire ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    K, I'm touched.
    It is true engineering optimization. One aims for an optimal, not necessarily perfect, solution.
    CE cannot fail with such an attitude.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    If someone is annoying for you, the best thing you can do is choosing the right option in the privacy feature. I think it can work.

Also, I am not very old here but I haven't seen anyone annoying here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Post images that you come across & find worth Laughing Out Loud. ๐Ÿ˜ Let's create the best LOL thread ever! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ I am giving it a start -
Hi Guys, This is my first post in this forum. Pardon me if this is not the right forum to shoot this question. I am a computer science grad who...
This book is for the school student aspiring to become a scientist and for adults trying to help them do it. With forewords by Prof.C.N.R.Rao and Physics NL Georges Charpark,...
This thread is dedicated for the question asked by CEan-mreccentric to me via private conversation. Hi Issue... Can you also give me the info why diesel wont work in petrol...
Hello, I am a student who has been tasked with asking questions of an electronic engineering professional. My intent is not to annoy. I live in a far off place...