Should marijuana(Ganja) be legalized ?

Okay don't get me wrong, I am not reefer head & puff puff passing is not my thing.
But yesterday I was having chat with loads of US friends in MMORPG World Of Warcraft.

What they told me was, Weeds (most probably marijuana) has been smoked and sold in heavy amount. In United states at present, poll was carried out in order to legalize marijuana. And in recent poll 56% voted to legalize it (and rest were high; smoking weeds, just kidding).

They say, even 16 year kid starts puffing it. They are really supporting "Legalize marijuana movement". Also, they said that Smoking tobacco kills people, Drinking kills people (and reproduces too, no pun intended) but marijuana doesn't.

Legally or illegally, weed smokers will find their source anyhow. Crack dealers are everywhere.
Keeping marijuana illegal makes it expensive. Also, marijuana can help to stimulate appetite relieves nausea in Cancer & AIDS patient.

So, Should Ganja be legalized ? Or not ?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    While we are at it, why not legalize LSD, meth, cocaine, heroin and countless other drugs currently used for 'recreational' purposes?
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Lol, I think the whole concept is wrong..!(not sure though) i think marijuana is as deadly as a cigarette,,,!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Once upon a time almost everyone believed that the Earth was flat. It turned out that they were wrong. Just because a majority of people think that 'wrong is right', it doesn't make it right. We've had a similar debate on whether alcohol should be banned or not. Do check out a very interesting discussion about it in the debates section.

Update: Here's the link: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    silverscorpion
    While we are at it, why not legalize LSD, meth, cocaine, heroin and countless other drugs currently used for 'recreational' purposes?
    Because they are not medicinal and they do more harm.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    vinod1993
    Lol, I think the whole concept is wrong..!(not sure though) i think marijuana is as deadly as a cigarette,,,!
    So why is alcohol and cigarette legal and marijuana not?
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Because they are not medicinal and they do more harm.
    Do alcohol and cigarette have medicinal purposes? Marijuana has many. How many people does alcohol kill? I don't mean only on the road but domestic violence too.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    As #-Link-Snipped-# said meth, cocaine & heroin has no medicinal purpose. Cocaine no matter comes from coca plant, it's synthetic; and many harmful chemicals are added before they are sold in black-market. While, Marijuana is a mere Hemp, achenes ; a plant .. no synthetics are added in marijuana.

Show me one case which says, This or that person died due to overdose of marijuana ? (In order to die of marijuana, you need to puff 150 pounds of cannabis at a time, impossible death)

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Medical Marijuana: Disability and Health Uses : Disabled World
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Troll_So_Hard
    Okay don't get me wrong, I am not reefer head & puff puff passing is not my thing.
    But yesterday I was having chat with loads of US friends in MMORPG World Of Warcraft.
    Hey you on WoW? Which realm?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    kidakaka
    Hey you on WoW? Which realm?
    Not on retail, mate ..... Can't afford 29.99$/Month >_<
    On private server "Neverendless-Wow" & "Molten-wow". I usually switch both servers.
    You on retail ? or PS ?
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    CE Designer
    So why is alcohol and cigarette legal and marijuana not?
    The thing is, in India alcohol brings in huge revenues to the government..! And, long back in 1600's Cigarette was thought to be a preventive measure for plague which took 1\6th(not accurate) of the whole European population..!

It became a habit from 1600's and it's still being used now..!
    A schoolboy at Eton college of London in the 17th Century is recorded to have been whipped one morning for not smoking.It was during the great plague of London of 1665-1666 when tobacco regarded as one of the preventive medicines for the plague epidemic. The ill effects of tobacco then where not known. Courtesy: Manorama-Tell me Why-Edition 40-Diseases
    So what medicinal features does Marijuana contain #-Link-Snipped-# ?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    vinod1993
    So what medicinal features does Marijuana contain #-Link-Snipped-# ?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Medical Marijuana: Disability and Health Uses : Disabled World
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Word Of Caution: Online debates can lead to hurt sentiments and egos. Do not take online debates for more than what they are.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    Word Of Caution: Online debates can lead to hurt sentiments and egos. Do not take online debates for more than what they are.
    Sorry if by any means I disrespected anyone .. No hard-feelings for you buddies.. Peace ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    Sorry if by any means I disrespected anyone .. No hard-feelings for you buddies.. Peace ๐Ÿ˜
    It was a generic message. Not aimed at anyone. We've had lot of people leave the site because they took the comments personally. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    The_Big_K
    I'm sorry if by any way the message was intended to me..! ๐Ÿ˜€ peace..! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vinod1993
    I'm sorry if by any way the message was intended to me..! ๐Ÿ˜€ peace..! ๐Ÿ˜€
    -->

The_Big_K
    It was a generic message. Not aimed at anyone. We've had lot of people leave the site because they took the comments personally. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    did legalisation of cigarettes and alchohol reduce the comsumption?? if weed was good, it would'nt have be banned

PS:i loved the way the discussion went from drugs to WOW ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    durga
    PS:i loved the way the discussion went from drugs to WOW ๐Ÿ˜
    Both have one thing in common --> "ADDICTION" ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    durga
    did legalisation of cigarettes and alchohol reduce the comsumption?? if weed was good, it would'nt have be banned
    You are basically saying that alcohol and cigarettes are good for you? There is a bigger picture here.....It was said already in this thread ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • SONELL SHARMA
    SONELL SHARMA
    i think marijuana shud be legalized nd when alcohol nd smoking is legalized by the govt thn why not dis.....
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Some benefits of Marijuana:
    • Meditation
    • Can help people with eating disorders
    • Glaucoma
    • Ah heck just check this: #-Link-Snipped-#
    The fear of marijuana stems from its limitless potential to cure diseases and treat illnesses. This means that the pharmaceutical industry and the medical arm of governments would not make money. They just try to make us fear it.

A bear a day help with your blood pressure?
    A cigarette a day does what? Its so bad that there is an add on a box of cigarettes warning that it is dangerous for health.
    What other benefits are there? If i am wrong please prove me wrong, I am not one to be ignorant.

Keep in mind that something as powerful as marijuana must not be overused like any other thing in this world. Too much of anything is bad. Too much broccoli is bad, too much rice is bad, too much oranges is bad. The government does not control how we eat these things right? We as humans use commonsense.
    Legalize it, let humans be smart about using it. Maybe if it wasn't illegal it would not be abused by some.
  • SONELL SHARMA
    SONELL SHARMA
    I agree with your point but main thing is using 2 much of dis alcohol,smoking is harmful but if we take alcohol in a small quantity thn dey also act as a medicine for curing as ...also it is many thngs in dis world dats is illegal nd every one knws abt dat.......but still the govt does make it legal ...nd mainly its depend on d person to person ... in wht way he or she is taking the thngs ........
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I read an article today about Tobacco Use. A study in Buffalo USA suggests that an estimated 100 million people lost their lives prematurely due to tobacco use in the last century and may be higher for this century. The study focused on 14 low and middle income earning countries. the study also showed that China had the highest number of tobacco users at 301 million followed by India with 274 million. US and UK quit ratios were highest where tobacco control activities are highest.
    World War 2 killed over 60 million people including civilians and soldiers. These deaths were caused by of course the war and war related famine and diseases. This was considered the deadliest military conflict in history due to its death toll.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    So you are coming to say tobacco killed more people than WW2.. Well, while that might seem to be the case, the tobacco deaths were counted for a very very long duration compared to WW2.. A hundred years is no small time at all. I'm not saying tobacco is not bad and all.. I'm just saying that data like these cannot really be reliably compared to suggest which one had more impact..
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    There's no problem is doing anything until they are limited. Upon legalizing, I am sure the reach of this will be made available to minors which is a threat. In USA, despite of being illegal, most of the teens have already got the habit of weed. They find it good at start, but excess use is very harmful.

There needs to be responsible people to handle the such things in which, sadly, India lacks almost 99%. Blaming government doesn't make sense, when you yourselves as an individual is not responsible towards the law.

I think Canada has made it legal to grow a plant for personal use & they are exactly doing it. Here, most of the people will abuse this & start selling it furiously.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    CE Designer
    A cigarette a day does what? Its so bad that there is an add on a box of cigarettes warning that it is dangerous for health.
    You say cigarette had an add on the box.
    You know even marijuana had banners, Take a look at this,
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yes, Marijuana has many recreational purposes but the thing is people get addicted to it and do not know the optimum quantity that must be used..!
    ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys, Can someone please tell me How to hack computers connected with LAN with same user-id and password ? I really want to learn the trick. Give me a...
Is learning designing software necessary foe a mechanical engineer ?
I am a graduate engineer from Africa who is willing to work with everyone in or out of this field to better the world.I am in a few projects involving...
hai friends, I don't know how to converse with you friends.please help me...
Can anyone here can help me in building or giving me ideas for project for marine engineerin related to ships machinery...