Should iPhone/iPad support Adobe Flash?

Steve Jobs is in the news again for not letting iPhone and iPad support Adob Flash - the technology that powers most of the websites.

Steve Jobs thinks that Flash is not required by the developers to create graphic intensive applications for both iPhone and iPad. He also maintains that Flash was meant to be run on machines with a mouse and not the touch screen devices. He adds that Flash is a buggy software and poses security thread to the devices and also responsible for draining the battery quickly.

What's your take on this? Do you think iPhone/iPad should support Flash? Or should they look to support HTML5? 😀

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    dont know if people have noticed, but flash tends to take up more cpu resources(thus draining the battery faster). HTML5 on the other hand is looking extremely promising especially when computer giants like Apple and Microsoft are aggressively pushing for it.

as of now, HTML5 does many things a flash can do and HTML5 is still under development. HTML5 uses multi core processors and video cards more efficiently and thus giving the end users a richer experience than what flash can do at the moment.

Though Steve Jobs is just trying to justify the reason for skipping flash from his devices but most of his claims are true. And not letting flash work in iphone/ipad doesn't make those devices less desirable 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am a final year computer science student. i need to choose my seminar title. i need to do the latest technology about the inventory management. Anyone of you can...
hello i am new to ce. i like to purchase java course of quest tutorials... can you please specifiy the whole procedure for it.. please reply me soon.. i like...
Hello, i am final year computer science student. i need choose a seminar title about IT technology for the inventory management as my seminar title. Anyone of you can give...
Q 1: What is a trap and trapdoor in operating system? Q 2: Explain the Buddy system of memory allocation in operating system ? 😁
Q 1: How can I trace ODBC calls? Q 2: What ODBC conformance is supported by oracle?