Should India Vs. Pakistan Cricket Match Day Declared A Public Holiday?

I've been hearing from multiple sources and also saw it on television that the parliament will function only for half-day. Thousands of government and private company employees have applied for full day or half-day leaves. Those who'll be working will have 90% of their attention on the score.

With the madness for Cricket in citizens of both countries and their traditional rivalary, should the day these countries play cricket match be declared a public holiday?

Justify your stand.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    In Pakistan it was National Holiday in many Companies. 😉
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    I do not think that India-Pakistan matches should be declared as public holidays. There is and always will be a huge madness in the game especially with India-Pakistan but that doesn't justify it's need for a government holiday.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hmmm coming to this we are already declared as half day for this final match even we had mid exam it is preponed by 2 hours by our college management
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am in total dis-agreement of declaring public holidays for such a lame reason. It's just a match. People call it 'war' and go over the board with things.
    When you are sitting on your couch, staring at the match, there are people desperately waiting for the ambulance to reach their home. There are people stuck in queues for some important legal document. There are people who have more important jobs which are of much higher priority than watching a cricket match.
    Cricket Match is NO reason for a public holiday.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    It needs not to be declared. It is already an unofficial holiday. People forget their castes, religion money, status etc and everyone is just Bhartian. So what more do we want for unity?

But yes we should work 24*7. Because people require us.

(P.S: Sleeping less nowadays) :razz:
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Nonsense!!

Why should a sporting event be declared a holiday, how so ever important it might be?
    A sport is a sport, and nothing more. It's a form of entertainment.. Agreed, cricket is more than just entertainment in India.
    But by declaring it a holiday, we would unnecessarily hamper our own productivity, is what I think..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a guitarist at heart but can manage few tunes on the synthesizer. I am NOT planning to learn to play keyboards but I'm definitely planning to upgrade my decade...
If u have any info regardng zigbee(practical) 😁 Post it here
i know the yeild strength of the material i.e 1650mpa and working pressure inside the container is 1427mpa but the max tensile strength inside the container is 825 mpa as...
hey guys what do you think who will win today..share your experience for today's match here..😀
Learn how to go about modelling a circuit so that you can use the resulting mathematical representation for circuit analysis. This lecture demonstrates the three essential steps in the process...