Should IITs hire Foreign Faculty?

Facing a massive shortage of well-qualified teachers, the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) has mooted a proposal for hiring foreign nationals as permanent faculty members.

IITs have contended that the presence of foreign faculty on their campuses would expose graduating students to globally distinguished professors besides lending a true international flavor in the campuses and reducing brain drain.

Do you think this is a good move?
#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Well i don't think there is shortage of well-qualified teachers i.e professors in our country because there are lots of top institutes are available in country ..and as far as hiring foreign professors is concerned, it's not a bad decisions at all because many indian professors are also going abroad in different universities ....../
  • Leo
    Leo
    I don't support special hiring but if some foreign nationals want to join then they can. The better option would be placing engineers with job experience with some training on how to teach. Meanwhile until they get their expertise in teaching they should provide students with little space with lectures so that even they can help lecturers gain better hand on teaching. In short i mean a home made food is better than food brought from outside.
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    I fully support the hiring of the well-qualified teachers to the indian institute of technology and not only in iits but in all other graduating and post-graduating institute as by this way we students will be able to know the world-wide requirements in present senario.but i totally disagree with the logic given by the rishi that they should be hired because our teachers also go outside the country. I think this is not the aprropriate reason for that

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just found this video while surfing randomly. It describes very briefly what a computer engineer does. [video=youtube;CL-vIg4Ivqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-vIg4Ivqw[/video]
hello crazys.... we are working on our B.E project "designing and manufacturing of broach machine for thrust washers". we are designing a surface broach tool. we're having difficulties in finding...
I wan't to know that what is PF usage in the computer ?
Every time when something wrong goes in US, whole world faces its consequences. Now its about outsourcing. Even the India's giant company, Infosys , too replied that its very serious...
jovial (adj): happy; in good spirits; jolly junction (n): Convergence; linkup; the act or state of being joined together Juncture can mean the same thing as junction, but more often...