Should I switch from ASP.net To QA?

I am a fresher working in a reputed service based company.I have been trained in application development using ASP.net but now I am deployed as tester in a project.Should I take this up? How helpful could it be to my career if I plan to switch company within 1yr as I dont have any knowledge in any testing tool.Or should I go for a development project?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sinchita Mazumder
    I am a fresher working in a reputed service based company.I have been trained in application development using ASP.net but now I am deployed as tester in a project.Should I take this up? How helpful could it be to my career if I plan to switch company within 1yr as I dont have any knowledge in any testing tool.Or should I go for a development project?
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-# . Pleasure to have you with us. Are you happy in your current / previous role as ASP.net engineer? Did you enjoy your job or feel like you should rather be working in some other field? Also, do you have an option to opt out of the new role?

If you are happy as ASP.net developer, I'd recommend not opting for QA role. QA requires different type of skillset and knowledge than development. The answer to your question is very straightforward - if QA path looks interesting to you, take it up. Else continue with your current role as a developer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've just received a wireless range extender for official review (coming soon!) and it says ...with AC Passthrough. At first, I thought the range extender would support IEEE 802.11ac spec;...
Audi's advertising an upcoming 'Audi Matrix Revolution' and I got a little more curious to find out what it is. Thankfully, Audi's already revealed what the matrix revolution is about....
Howdy CrazyENGINEERS! Let me introduce myself. I'm sharfudeen, a MECHanical ENGINEER ๐Ÿ˜Ž. And i ๐Ÿ˜ crytocurrency technology more than my profession because? no reason ๐Ÿ˜ especially i ๐Ÿ˜ bitcoins (but...
HEY SIR THIS IS RINKI OUR TEAM IS DOING THIS PROJECT ON HOME AUTOMATION WITH CORTANA.WE ARE AT VERY CRUCIAL SITUATION SIR WE GOT STUCK IN THE APP DEV PART...
We have stated this time and again that 2015 is the year for the entry-level smartphone war. At a time when customers in India are being treated with superior performance,...