Should 'human cloning' be banned?

The cloning of ‘Dolly’ (sheep) by Ian Wilmut has created a worldwide reaction. The United States has imposed a moratorium on human cloning and a ban on federal funding of cloning research that will be reviewed every five years. In Britain human cloning is legal but requires licenses. Germany, Switzerland and several American states have passed laws expressly forbidding human cloning, whereas Canada and Ireland have no relevant legislation at present.

Cloning is unsafe and violates human dignity, but it may allow to eliminate diseases.
Bring out your views

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're yet to have a human clone, right?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    sometimes i feel the question of banning never arises, because it won't be feasible in the first place.

it takes about lakhs of crores to just maintain your clone in good health. who has got the money for that ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Not at all,
    every invention have pros ans cons. If human clone will be introduced then what's wrong with keeping healthy and alive to person like Stephen hawking (If they want).
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    We're yet to have a human clone, right?
    Read somewhere, A Korean doctor have created and killed the first human clone. Dr. Richard Seed, claimed that he could make a human clone within one year.
    P.S: correct me if I am wrong.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The education sector is undergoing fast changes(quality) during past few years. At the same rate, Engineering college fees is also increasing. To get quality education we have to spend lot...
Parner our tecfest EXCEL 2012 *********************** tecfest website:https://excelmec.org college website: https://mec.ac.in Excel is the annual techno-managerial festival hosted by Govt. Model Engineering College (MEC), Cochin, Kerala, India in association with...
what is the minimum rank in GATE to get an admission in any of the iit's for a cs student...??? plzzzz guyzzz help...
This is a question from IIT Powai aptitude test. My friend could not find enough time to solve it. Me too took about 2 hours to solve it only to...
The lecturers in my college are teaching C++. But, there are a few forums which say that Python is better than C++. So, I need suggestions!! Shall I start learning...