Should CrazyEngineers Messaging be open to all or restricted?

We are working on an important feature called 'CrazyEngineers Messaging'; and stuck at an important decision. Should it be open to every member of the site OR only to those that you authorise? 

Restricting messaging allows reducing spam and unwanted messages. We have already been testing a new social feature to be launched soon on the site - called 'Followers'. This feature will allow any member of CE to 'follow' other member. 

We are wondering whether we should restrict messaging only to those who are 'following' each other. Note - the follow needs to be bi-directional in order for messaging to work.

Do you think that's a better approach over opening messaging to everyone?

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#  , #-Link-Snipped-# sir, #-Link-Snipped-# op , #-Link-Snipped-# . Would really appreciate your responses. Thanks! 

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

“We are wondering whether we should restrict messaging only to those who are 'following' each other. Note - the follow needs to be bi-directional in order for messaging to work.”

Seems ok. However, there’s another situation: Sometimes a post develops into an exchange between just two people becoming a specific one that doesn’t seem to be of interest to the community at large. 

I do not know if it is possible to permit messages between such two without the requirement for mutual ‘follow’. 

For example, if the post shows that two people exchnged posts more than, say three times, then the message option pops up for them alone.

Not very important though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

At what distance a cover should or must be placed in beam as well as in column 
Hi, Greeting from Loom Solar!I am Nishi Chandra from Loom Solar, is India's premium solar brand store headquartered in Delhi NCR. It sells solar systems such as solar panels, solar...
Machine Design says: Most people would agree that driverless cars are the future. With the recent leaps and bounds made in the self-driving car industry, very few people would be...
On popular demand, we have launched free online aptitude tests on CrazyEngineers.You can take these tests from any device (desktop or mobile) on any browser. You will get correct answers...
My idea is to invent a water purity tester.Already, some water purity testers are available. In addition to that, I want to add some more features to it.