Should Corrupt Politicians Be Hanged Until Death?

The above lines created havoc on Indian Television Channels recently. Few of the protestors demanding the Jan Lokpal Bill demanded that the corrupt politicians in power should be awarded death punishment.

Do you think corruption (at least national level corruption) should fetch death penalty to the corrupt?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hmmm if it happens no polician will be remained
    so death punishment should be given its better to have their money back and use the money for people
  • Reya
    Reya
    Yes,the corrupt politicians should be hanged up.If they are not given death penalty,they will give bribe and come out easily.

Giving death penalty to the corrupt politicians will prevent others to corrupt and we can see corruption free INDIA.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    The citizenship of corrupt politicians should be seized! This would be the best punishment. But the corruption has become part of our life that until they are hanged to death there is no other better solution.
    Atleast if one of them is punished severely there are chances that the corruption can be curbed.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    There is no small mistake, medium mistake or large mistake. The outcome effect of any mistake is always extra large. Only when the punishments are severe for small mistakes, the people will be afraid to do it. Many will be violating the traffic rules, because, if caught, they can pay 100 or 200 and get off easily. But not much are involving in serious mistakes which involve people. The reason is the punishment for them is really severe, like hanging or jail till life. Its stupid to treat all the mistakes the same way. What you guys say???
  • ritesh05
    ritesh05
    @ pravin corruption should be curbed at all level from political to corporates, a country like sweden which has least corruption perception index has very strong legislation to curb bribery in all perspective where as india wont have any .
  • nerdy_me
    nerdy_me
    All the corrupt politicians should be hanged. It is the only ultimate solution to raze corruption from the roots.Entanglement will give nothing so they all should be strangled. And by the passing of JAN LOKPAL BILL, no corrupted leader will be spared.
    ritesh05
    @ pravin corruption should be curbed at all level from political to corporates, a country like sweden which has least corruption perception index has very strong legislation to curb bribery in all perspective where as india wont have any .
    You know??? In Sweden, if you start a company and install Microsoft products without their licence, no one can question you. That's because of the govt. there... It cannot be in India, as many companies have registered their stuffs here... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Before hanging up these corrupt politicians, I think they should first take back all the money they took from us. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    maria flor
    Before hanging up these corrupt politicians, I think they should first take back all the money they took from us. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes that's right. All money should be recovered from them and then they should be punished.
  • vijaymp
    vijaymp
    We should take all the money from the politicians first and then they should be banned from the politics. We should make strict rule that none of the corrupted politicians are allowed to participate in the election further. They should be kept in prison and put them on work till they repay the money (how much they have got from the corruption).
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Since in my country "corrupt Politicians" can't be hanged until death, I think a community service for a lifetime would be much better. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Hey, after all these corrupt politicians get our money, why cant we hire each of them per person for a lifetime??? Small kids can do their homework with them!!! Awesome idea Maria... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    You're right about that praveen..they can be our private tutor especially those politicians studied in Harvard. They can also teach for free about business or entrepreneurship because they are good at that...๐Ÿ˜€
    "The rich becomes richer and the poor gets poorer."-true indeed.
    maria flor
    You're right about that praveen..they can be our private tutor especially those politicians studied in Harvard. They can also teach for free about business or entrepreneurship because they are good at that...๐Ÿ˜€
    "The rich becomes richer and the poor gets poorer."-true indeed.
    Also, they can sing us lullaby, massage us when we sleep, and more over, main thing... Security Service + Cleaning & Sweeping!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
    And, that guy, who made the 2G Sยข@m stuff... He should be made to pay our telephone, mobile and internet bills, walking by foot, right???
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    maria flor
    Since in my country "corrupt Politicians" can't be hanged until death, I think a community service for a lifetime would be much better. ๐Ÿ˜€
    If they are going to serve community then they spread corruption there too. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have a joke to share.
    A politician (who was previously Engineer) was found guilty of corruption and was given death penalty.

At the time of execution it was found that there was some problem in the working of guillotine. That politician offered to help in repairing it.
    Haha older habits never go.

Jokes apart, I think we should get all the money back which they had in corruption.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ishutopre
    I have a joke to share.

Jokes apart, I think we should get all the money back which they had in corruption.
    But normally they transferred all money to their relatives. ๐Ÿ˜› Then how can we get back?
    ishutopre
    I have a joke to share.

A politician (who was previously Engineer) was found guilty of corruption and was given death penalty.

At the time of execution it was found that there was some problem in the working of guillotine. That politician offered to help in repairing it.

Actually this is something else... The original joke was:
    A doctor, a lawyer,and an engineer are sentenced to death. Why is not important
    to the story...what's important is that the death sentence will be carried out
    in France - via guillotine.

The doctor is first. The executioner straps him down, hoists the glittering
    blade aloft, and lets it drop...whereupon it sticks about halfway down.

Now, it's a well-known tradition in capital punishment that if the execution
    apparatus fails for any reason, this is interpreted as a sign from God, and the
    death sentence is commuted. Accordingly, the doctor walks away, still very much
    alive.

The lawyer is next. The executioner straps him down, hoists the glittering
    blade aloft, and lets it drop...whereupon it sticks in the exact same spot.
    Same rules apply...lawyer walks.

The engineer is last. The executioner straps him down, as he hoists the blade
    aloft, the engineer twists his neck around, peers up at the blade, and says:
    "You know, I think I see your trouble there..."
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    i do not agree with most of you. an eye for an eye would make the whole world blind............
    hanging them is not the solution........... you can kill the corrupted people, but not the corruption......
    we must find out the root of corruption and sincerely work to eradicate it..... penalty of social service is a nice solution anyways........
    penalty of social service??? what's that?
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    i meant giving penalty by making them to do social service.....................
    lovejeet
    i meant giving penalty by making them to do social service.....................
    Can they do the opposite of the one which they have never thought of doing???
  • nerdy_me
    nerdy_me
    Yes firstly ,Our money should be taken aback from the corrupted leaders then they should be given the hard punishment....!!๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    @praveen- they would have to do when forced to do so......................๐Ÿ˜€
    @nerdy_me- taking all the money from them to bribe anyone else???? in any case, hard punishment in form of body torture should be abolished....... isn't it...
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    I dont say that they should be hanged. We should kick them out of our country saying that these people are corrupts. On doing this half of them will commit suscide taking this as an insult and 1/4th will go to other countries and try to do some harm to our country on knowing this that country authorities will put them in jail. Remaining 1/4th they will realise what they did and try to change. These type of people , we should give them a chance. Again if they are caught as corrupts then they should be hanged. In my view one should get a chance to change ! At worst conditions they should be hanged. I know and i bet , this process will never happen in our country.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TV channels have been showing the reports of the discovery of 'Superbug' in Delhi's tap water. Does anyone know what a superbug is and how it affects health? CEans from...
Introduction to the Computing and the basics concepts involved in Computer Organization were neatly explained by Prof. S. Raman, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to...
Introduction to the System Software concepts involved in Computer Organization were neatly explained by Prof. S. Raman, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to ask your...
Introduction to the System Hardware concepts involved in Computer Organization were neatly explained by Prof. S. Raman, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to ask your...
Prof. S. Raman, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras explained the Concept of Processor Activities involved in Computer Organization from the very basics. Feel free to ask your...