Should Corporate Philanthropy Be Made Compulsory?

There have been talks of the proposal to make the corporate philanthropy. The proposal says that any corporate with a turnover of over 1000 crore (INR) and profits upwards of Rs. 5 crore (1 crore = 1,00,00,000) should be made compulsory to allocate 2% of the profits to CSR aka Corporate Social Responsibility.

There are few companies out there that are actively involved in Corporate Philanthropy. Do you think CSR should be made compulsory? Justify your opinion. 😀

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes, that is actually necessary! After all such huge corporations should pay a little (at least 2%) towards the welfare of society. But they should feel it themselves, that is important. Other wise it is just a waste. WE should make a survey first, to know if most companies obey it voluntarily or not, later on the decision should be made.
    What say people?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the places where advance robotics can be useful is rescue operations. Especially, when natural disasters like earthquake and tsunami strike, robots can be deployed for the rescue operations....
Geek.com has received the Nintendo 3DS in their US office and have released an unboxing video. Take a look - [video=youtube;z3oPNCDqUM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3oPNCDqUM4&feature=player_embedded[/video]
The three Gorges Dam is world's largest hydro-electric dam being built at Sandouping, China–Yangtze River. It's also going to be the single largest source of electric power. I invite all...
In the US I hear to work in the trades you need only do a 2 year course Would it be a likely and acceptable career path for a person...
what should i take for my masters .. i`m a biomedical engineer... and i`m interested in software .. though... i don want ot change my field... i `m good in...