Should "CEan Of The Month" Come Back?

We successfully ran CEan Of The Month award for a few years before giving it a halt a few months ago. We even had sponsors like Quick Heal to back the award.

I'm curious to know how many of the CEans want the award to come back. If your vote is yes, we're curious to know how do you want it to function?

We're planning to launch a CE "Hall Of Fame" where we'd list all the previous winners of the title and the current winners.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    CEan of the month should be back.

This time, I would rather suggest to decide on number of new useful threads, posts, active participation and number of useful (like, agree) posts during the duration.

-CB
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    But how are the CEan of the Month decided, I mean on what basis?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    +1 from me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For CEoM - it's going to be 'quantity' as well because 'quality' is the foundation. What we essentially want is that the participant of the CEoM title should generate high quality, original content on the site in bulk. That means one member create two 'very very' interesting topic would have the same chance of winning as another member who creates four 'very' interesting topics.

Regarding the 'quality' we'd only be able to judge whether someone is blatantly copy-pasting and creating content or using some real brain and originality in creating it. I think this can be crowdsourced as well.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Bring it on !
  • lal
    lal
    Oh yeah, let it be back. No matter what, appreciation and rewards motivate people for sure!

(May be add a pole on the thread. Not many are gonna comment I guess.)
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It is one of the good old features I enjoyeed reading a lot about

Waiting for it to come back to CE
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Conqueror
    It is one of the good old features I enjoyeed reading a lot about

Waiting for it to come back to CE
    I think you're confusing between CEoM and KYCEan. 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nope Check the announcement section and read a lot about OLD CEANS getting awarded this coveted title and the reason given in some comments are really brain numbing really appreciate the ancient wonders like Goyal420 Praveen-Kumar and even U and CB for winning the titles
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    That was really great initiative. It would be great if we bring it back.
    "Hall of Fame" ! Great Idea too !!

I am sure this is right time to bring CEoM back. 👍
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    I am in for it too.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sounds good 😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Yup CEoM should come back.. when i was new it was like an incentive which made me want to work harder 😁 so do bring it back kaustubh 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, picking up a call from an over-sized tablet-phone doesn't really seem likely to appeal to you, but having that voice-call making facility isn't really undesirable, is it? At first,...
With rumors running hither-tither about the tablet's surfacing and resurfacing, a lot of speculations were made. Rendering them true, Denis Kutnikov, General Director of Acer’s Russian office had said that...
Very soon, the A4 size papers would be a thing of passé. Sony's engineers have developed a digital equivalent of A4 size paper. The notepad would be the world's first...
If you miss the days when you wrote love letters on the piece of paper and then added a few drops of perfume on it to make it even more...
The Government of India has made it mandatory for all the Internet Telephony service providers to setup their servers locally in India. This means not only Blackberry, but popular services...