Should an entrepreneur share the idea?

This question is from all the aspiring entrepreneurs. I am sure this question must have popped in your mind at least for a moment.

A lot of entrepreneurs have fantastic ideas.. ideas that have large potential and if implemented could become the next big thing in the market. Many of such to-be-entrepreneurs are not sure if they should share their ideas with anyone. There is a fear of theft of their idea and some are just skeptical about someone else calling them 'not-good-enough'.

But at times, it's very necessary to discuss the ideas with people before actually implementing it.

So, here's an open question for all. Should an aspiring entrepreneur share his/her idea?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Entrepreneurship is not about ideas. It's about execution. So, there is no harm in sharing ideas with people who can help, contribute or join in the venture. I had the idea of YouTube back in 2001, but someone else worked on actually implementing it 😔 (taking away billions from me 😭 )

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm starting a new discussion thread dedicated to our all India meet on November 26, 2011. I'm sure many CEans would want to be a part of this meet. I've...
A brief overview of what engineers from various fields do. 😒 From the invention of the wheel to the launch of the Internet, engineering has dramatically shaped our world. Engineers...
Engineering is a very fast growing domain in many countries. Engineers are coming out with graduate degrees from all parts of the world. The future lays in the hands of...
A lot of CEans might have a passion for photography. Dedicating this thread for people who can show-off their creative talent. 😀 Share images and/or your flickr accounts in this...
Hi, I have completed my M.Tech in Electronics and Comm.(specialization in RF and Microwave Engg.) in 2009. I had joined a company that promised me wok in my domain when...