Shear force and Bending Moment?

please tell me about shear force and bending moment...and what are it's applications??

Replies

• sumit Biswas
    sumit Biswas
    how can we solve numerical problems on this??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    sumit Biswas
    how can we solve numerical problems on this??
    They are better explained in books

Shear stress is the stress which acts on an object in a diirection that tend to push a segment of the object through an angle
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Shear force is that force which tends to shear a member. It is applied parallel or tangential to the face of the member.

Bending moment at the cross section of the beam is the algebric sum of the moments of the forces to the left or right of the section.
  • sumit Biswas
    sumit Biswas
    iam little bit confused between shear force and shear stress???please tell me more
  • sumit Biswas
    sumit Biswas
    shear force is applied parallel or tangential to the beam???
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It can be applied both tangentially or parallelly to an object which has three dimensions
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Is there any NPTEL lectures available for this topic ??
  • sumit Biswas
    sumit Biswas
    yeah..a video course by Prof. S.K. Bhattacharya...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It will be more helpful if the video link is posted here

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi! I have few queries about column trays: 1) Are column trays considered as pressure parts or non pressure parts? 2) Can PWHT be performed in a column with stainless...
Problem Statement: Need to design a line follower which will initially take a continous path and then in between it has to detect the morse code sequence of 'dits' and...
I have installed ubuntu 12.04 on my dell inspiron 15R SE with 2gb 7730m ati raedon graphics. But it seems has not installed the proper drivers in any possible way...
Hey guys.. can any one help me in finding them .. I gotta submit the synopsis and the paper should be in IEEE format 😔 Thank you
hello evry1, I am B.tech E.C.E final year student. i want to do my 6 months industrial training in any of the MNC. plz help me out by suggesting any...