Sharing xScribble - a Gtalk client with graphical chat functionality

Hi all,
xScribble is an app I developed with the help of my friends as our Mini project at college. It is a Gtalk client, and the twist is that it enables graphical chat. Now you can literally draw in gtalk chats.
xScribble provides you with a canvas where you can draw simultaneously with your friend over the internet.

I thought I'd share it on CE so that I can get valuable feedback from all the crazy computer science engineers. Just take a look at the #-Link-Snipped-# and let me know what you think!
Your suggestions will be really helpful, since we're planning to extend the same idea as our major project as well! ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sharing xScribble screenshots from xScribble page -

[โ€‹IMG][โ€‹IMG]
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ET: That's an innovative project idea. ๐Ÿ˜€

Could you make it available for download for MAC users? ๐Ÿ˜‰ That will be great.

PS: I will soon try it on Windows/Linux and let you know the feedback.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    great nice stuff..
    @ ET:read your blog ,nice info there ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @Big K ~ It good that you added screenshots. Now it gives the people a better idea about the app ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @AKD ~ I was actually thinking about the same. But I don't have a Mac environment here to test it.
    Let me try if it is possible to make a Macintosh installer from other OS's. ๐Ÿ˜€

@cooldudeiet ~ Its nice that you liked it :] . Do let me know your suggestions.
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    @ ET
    Great buddy
    I liked your chat client.

I also wanna do something like that.
    Can you please provide me some details so that i can proceed ?

Just like
    Which language you have used ?
    Which protocol and about port nos ?
    Graphics is developed using which language ?

I will be thankful to you......
    If you want to remain these info confidential, then its okay.
    But your work is really appreciable
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @blunderboy ~
    I'm only happy to help you with the idea ๐Ÿ˜€ . The entire project is done in python language. Have you tried python yet?
    The protocol, as you can see is Gtalk's very own xmpp. The complete port settings can be retrieved if you check an instant messenger like Pidgin.
    You can do pretty much the same using Java and swing, although you'll have to dig into the details yourself.
  • hari02
    hari02
    great job dude ๐Ÿ˜€

Your blog is awesome keep up the good work
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @hari02 ~ Thanks. Would be great if you try out xScribble and tell your feedback ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    Hey thanks for sharing...
    Its good ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks once again
  • sookie
    sookie
    [Feedback]

I have just download Win XP version and installed in my machine. When I am trying to login with my gmail id, it is saying "Connection Error - Check your internet connection" though my internet connection seems to be fine to me.๐Ÿ˜•

Do I need to make any other settings other than direct download and excecute ? Please help in this!

Thanks!
    -Sookie

[/Feedback]
  • bharathpb
    bharathpb
    Actually i Have not tried the application ,but hadone doubt...is it required that the application should run on my friends system also ..to which i m chating.??
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    sookie
    [Feedback]

I have just download Win XP version and installed in my machine. When I am trying to login with my gmail id, it is saying "Connection Error - Check your internet connection" though my internet connection seems to be fine to me.๐Ÿ˜•
    [/Feedback]
    One of my friends too have reported the same error. It was in Windows 7. Although I couldn't figure out any direct reasons for this, I guess it has something to do with your antivirus/antispyware program. may it is silently blocking xScribble's connection attempts.
    Do try out the Linux version if you can. Or the windows version in a different system.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @ bharathpb ~
    Yes, both you and your buddy should be running. I think that is intuitive, since only this app is providing a graphical chat functionality, and that its completely a client-side coding ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just had an idea after being paid by two of this sites. They are paying 0.01 per advertisement click and you have to click on four adverts per day....
How can we recognize which plate in capacitor is negative and which one is positive?
hi guys, i'm a finalist and i have been assigned to develop an ilab for digital electronics experiments using labview, i real need some help on what to do. thanx
need some good topics for a tech fest on 28th jan.please suggest topics for me.(1styear btech ECE)
Hi guys, One of the first things that attracted my notice in CE is the CE messenger project. I followed all the (long) threads that sprouted around this idea at...