Sharda Group or Shiv Nadar University??

Hello, I’ve applied to Sharda Group of Institute Noida and have applied in Shiv Nadar University also. Sharda was my first preference but I’ve heard so many good things about Shiv Nadar that I can’t make up my mind. Please help?

Replies

• Gia
    Gia
    I see where you’re coming from, my cousin studies in Sharda and she said they have a good environment to study, facilities and is AICET approved etc, but the way Shiv Nadar Universtiy is coming up it is an unbelievable coup for them! They are calling SNU India's first inter-disciplinary university. It takes a while to grasp why that is important but it does make a difference. Also, besides a sprawling, state of the art campus, a good portion of it will be spent on attracting the best faculty money can buy i.e. among the brilliant Nikhil Sinha, the founding Vice-Chancellor at SNU, was once Associate Dean at the University of Texas. Good enough, is’nt it? Attracting the best minds will need class leading rewards besides competitive salaries, avenues for personal research and employment opportunities for students.
    Still Sharda is a great institute and although the way Shiv Nadar is coming up it looks like it will be the top universities in the city in a few years (which I guess was to be expected with the resources they have).
    I still think both are good so it won’t make a difference, you can go for counselling with the institutes and choose the best for yourself.
    It is a tough decision goes for what your gut tells you! Good Luck!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello All, I'm in final year of B.E.Civil Engg., as we need to submit a thesis on any project/topic I am looking for Recycled Concrete Aggregate. Can anybody give me...
hello guys. I m design a power factor compensation circuit for an industrial refrigeration plant. The plant operations show possible signs of harmonic contamination . Can you guys help me...
Calling the attention of all CEans. Well guys this is not a regular discussion thread, but rather this is just a questionnaire, which I am presenting to conduct a survey....
Hello, I am a BE student from Orissa, India. Am about to finish my BE in July. Am hoping to get tips and advice to improve my programming skills and...
Hello, I am going to appear CDAC this year. I will be appearing Section A and Section B. Please suggest books for: C/C++ and OOP concepts Operating System Fundamentals Data...