Set your favourite video as Wallpaper

Set your favourite video as Wallpaper

This is a pretty simple tweak using which you can set any video as your desktop wallpaper.

Just follow the steps given below:

1.Download Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN and install it.

2.Run VLC media player, go to Settings->preferences->Interface->Main interfaces, then click on wxWidgets. Remove the tick on "Taskbar" and put a tick on "Systray icon".

3.Now go to Video->Output Modules->DirectX. On the bottom right put a tick on advanced options check box. You will now see some options. Put a tick on "Enable Wallpaper Mode".

4.Now,select playlist and put a check or tick on "Repeat current item".

5.Press the Save button. Now close the Vlc player and run it again(to save the settings permanently).

6.Now play any video you would like to set as Wallpaper. Right click on the video and click on "Wallpaper". The video would be set as your wallpaper!!!!

Since you have checked the option "repeat current item ", the selected video will play on continuously. It will start again when finished. VLC player will remain in your system tray.If you wish to remove the wallpaper simply close the player and you will get back your original wallpaper.

If you have any query please feel free to drop a comment.

Replies

• LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    Process is quite long.A simple way to do this is to
    DOWNLOAD BS PLAYER..It has an option "set video as wallpaper".
    And you are done.... ;-)
  • suyash
    suyash
    LORD_EC
    And you are done.... ;-)
    but BS player cant play as many formats as VLC can ... 😁
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    Ya,thats true.
    But it plays most of the files except 3gp(i think the latest version play that also).And I think you will not set a 3gp (low resolution) file as your wallapaper.
    Anyways thanks for the info..Keep those tricks coming out of your mind..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moving the thread to CE - IT Help section 😀

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    LORD_EC
    And you are done.... ;-)
    Hi LORD

I downloaded BS PLAYER but am unable to find any setting as 'set video as wallpaper' in preference.

It would be great if you will help me in finding the option. Thanks in advance.

-Crazy boy
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    Here is the screenshot showing BS player in the Desktop Mode.

[​IMG]
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    or better still install vista ultimate get urself the dreamscene update and download deskscapes from stardock .... set most of ur videos as wallpapers 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Shootout at Lokhandwala - Whats right and whats wrong? My Take on the "underworld" Recently I had seen this new bollywood flick "Shootout at Lokhandwala" which fell into the general...
Avoid Spam in GMAIL - lets keep the inbox clean Are you worried about spam in your precious gmail account ? Its been a quite a time since I've been...
Evolution of the Gaming World What is gaming? Gaming has always been a topic of ridicule amongst the learned people who have considered it as a time pass and nothing...
The Google dream comes true ! P.S.: To see what the google dream was, click here... How it all began... Long since I have traversed (surfed) this vast expanse called...
I don't know why i am posting my personal feelings here but i want to throw out this burden thing from my heart. I turned 20 this year. I was...