Session Timout Updated

Hi CEans!

The session timout for our forums is now set to 20 minutes. So, I hope that you won't get 'login screen' when you compose your big post and click 'Submit'.

Do let me know if session timeout of 20 minutes is okay.

-The Big K-

Replies

• crook
    crook
    ok

Althought I never ran out of time while posting on forum, I think 20 minutes is sufficient for session timeout. :sleepy:
  • Neha
    Neha
    I didn't know we have time limit to compose...i neva ran out of time...so according to me its sufficient!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Updated!

Hello CEans!

Lately, it wasn't much fun to see "You have logged out" of forums page after composing a big reply to a post & hitting "Submit Reply" button. Therefore, the session timeout is now updated to 30 minutes.

What does this mean?
    This means that if you remain idle ( 😒 ) for 30 minutes on forums ( that is, without clicking any link on forums ) you will be logged out automatically. Please note that, the message composing time is considered as idle time.

Therefore, if you want to post a big, long message, make sure that you do it well within 30 minutes. Otherwise, fire your text processing software, compose a message and paste it in the compose window.

Post your questions, concerns in this thread.

-The Big K-
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    thnx

Thanks buddy,

Just 1 suggestion, please make sure you include this point in the common sense.

and correct the spelling in the title thread. Its wrong 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    Thanks buddy,

Just 1 suggestion, please make sure you include this point in the common sense.

and correct the spelling in the title thread. Its wrong 😉
    Thanks for the suggestion. What should we write in the Common Sense Guide?
    Title typo : Corrected! Thanks :hehehe:

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hello All!

Few CEans complained that they got logged out while posting a long message on forums.

The problem is fixed and the session timout is now 30 minutes. Please clear the cookies in your web browser & log in again to make it effective.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It seems that few of our fellow CEans are still facing the timeout problem. That is because the forums had a minor upgrade few days back. Therefore, please manually clear all the browser cookies & history files and login to CE.

I'm still working on the problem.

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    Thats a good one Biggie. It was quite problematic while posting long posts. 20 minuntes are enough though.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    "You have logged out"
    1. I logged in,
    2. I clicked on small talk
    3. Clicked on Forum
    4. I was logged out!

I am using latest Chrome version and Windows 8 consumer evaluation copy.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Avoid commenting on threads started in 2006. Post your site related questions in a section dedicated to it: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here comes a challenge for Computer Engineers ! int i, n = 20; for (i = 0; i < n; i--) { printf("X"); } By only changing or adding ONLY...
Guys! We gotta work on the CrazyEngineers logo. Let us collect ideas from everyone before we hire a graphic designer to design it for us. But it would be really...
guys and gals am quite curious to know your views on live in relations and marraiges. i will soon post my views on this....
a very warm hi to everyone.... well....we all know it without ne doubts that hollywood surpasses bollywood in almost all feilds it puts its efforts in... whether its the case...
hi all music is the flavour of life... i adore music in all respects... and then the intruments that create these beautiful sounds are even more melodious.... i love listening...