View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12838 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 12, 2006

Session Timout Updated

Hi CEans!

The session timout for our forums is now set to 20 minutes. So, I hope that you won't get 'login screen' when you compose your big post and click 'Submit'.

Do let me know if session timeout of 20 minutes is okay.

-The Big K-
crook
crook • Jun 13, 2006
ok

Althought I never ran out of time while posting on forum, I think 20 minutes is sufficient for session timeout. :sleepy:
Neha
Neha • Jun 13, 2006
I didn't know we have time limit to compose...i neva ran out of time...so according to me its sufficient!!
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 26, 2006
Updated!

Hello CEans!

Lately, it wasn't much fun to see "You have logged out" of forums page after composing a big reply to a post & hitting "Submit Reply" button. Therefore, the session timeout is now updated to 30 minutes.

What does this mean?
This means that if you remain idle ( ๐Ÿ˜’ ) for 30 minutes on forums ( that is, without clicking any link on forums ) you will be logged out automatically. Please note that, the message composing time is considered as idle time.

Therefore, if you want to post a big, long message, make sure that you do it well within 30 minutes. Otherwise, fire your text processing software, compose a message and paste it in the compose window.

Post your questions, concerns in this thread.

-The Big K-
Mayur Pathak
Mayur Pathak • Sep 27, 2006
thnx

Thanks buddy,

Just 1 suggestion, please make sure you include this point in the common sense.

and correct the spelling in the title thread. Its wrong ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 27, 2006
mayurpathak
Thanks buddy,

Just 1 suggestion, please make sure you include this point in the common sense.

and correct the spelling in the title thread. Its wrong ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thanks for the suggestion. What should we write in the Common Sense Guide?
Title typo : Corrected! Thanks :hehehe:

-The Big K-
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 27, 2006
Hello All!

Few CEans complained that they got logged out while posting a long message on forums.

The problem is fixed and the session timout is now 30 minutes. Please clear the cookies in your web browser & log in again to make it effective.

-The Big K-
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Nov 3, 2006
It seems that few of our fellow CEans are still facing the timeout problem. That is because the forums had a minor upgrade few days back. Therefore, please manually clear all the browser cookies & history files and login to CE.

I'm still working on the problem.

-The Big K-
aashima
aashima • Nov 4, 2006
Thats a good one Biggie. It was quite problematic while posting long posts. 20 minuntes are enough though.
ISHAN TOPRE
ISHAN TOPRE • Apr 3, 2012
The_Big_K
"You have logged out"
1. I logged in,
2. I clicked on small talk
3. Clicked on Forum
4. I was logged out!

I am using latest Chrome version and Windows 8 consumer evaluation copy.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Apr 3, 2012
Issue: Avoid commenting on threads started in 2006. Post your site related questions in a section dedicated to it: https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/forums/site-related-questions-answers.94/

Share this content on your social channels -