Servo system installation for eliminating power disturbances

why electronics equipments like servo drive, encoders or safety relays are getting damage ,when power comes or gone,please make me know what will be solution for this problem.

Replies

• pinank
    pinank
    can you please elaborate!
  • rajesh mor
    rajesh mor
    i am say that , when power gone of our company and after sometime it return ,we will found some problem in the machine like as ac drive show hardware fault, encoder not properly working and any other problem related to electrical. but they will not fail in the running condition of the machine . power cut is not much more ,in 3 or 4 days only 1/2 hours power cut is there.so please send the effective solution of this problem shortly . thanks
  • pinank
    pinank
    Well, its highly unheard of motor drives and various other electrical devices to get affected by any occational power cut as most of them have on chip (soc) protection for this purpose. Maybe the ones used by you may not have it. Please share the datasheet of the drives and encorders you are using. It will be helpful to find any cause.
  • lal
    lal
    Is there a chance that you are using incremental encoder?

There are mainly two types of encoders, Absolute encoder and Incremental encoder. Among these two, an absolute encoder can remember its position even after a power failure. That is, it precisely outputs the position at which the shaft is right now when the power returns after a power failure during operation.

But this is not true in the case of an incremental encoder. It cannot output the position of shaft when power returns after a failure during its operation. It needs to go to the home position to start functioning properly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WHY ELECTRONICS ITEM FAILS LIKE AS DRIVE,ENCODER PILZ SAFETY RELAY,WHEN INCOMING POWER COMES OR GONE
I have completed 3rd year of btech cse. Final year in about to start in first week of july. Am I eligible for AFCAT 2 which will be held on...
Adventure sports’ filming is now a big part of the video camera industry. Several video camera manufacturers like Sony and JVC have launched various action cameras for adventure sports enthusiasts....
I was browsing Idea Cellular website yesterday and they seem to have introduced new plans. While customising my own pack, I found that they're offering something called "3G GPRS". I...
It was only last month that Indonesia exclusively witnessed the launch of Blackberry Z3 smartphone in special Jakarta edition. Priced at 2,199,000 IDR (or approximately Rs. 11,435 or USD 190),...