servo motor power requirements

hey everybody,
im using a servo motor for my FYP, the servo im using is Parallax standard servo motor. which is manufacured by Futaba. the motor is used to lift a small and light piece of wood (45 g, 10 cm) or (0.45 kg.cm). i wish to know how much current would this motor drain under 5 V. (while moving and while breaking)

Replies

• zorif
    zorif
    give me more details of this servo.
    if this is industrial type of servo(comes with driver and encoder).then u can't measure the current.bcz servo will draw the current as per requirement.imean current as per load.

or if is just the small servo that ppl use in their robotic applicatiopns (comes with just 3 wires) supply,Gnd,Pulse) then u can measure the current drawn in series with the supply line.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Before buying/building a house have you ever gave a thought to earthquake zone, remedies, type of roof/foundation/walls/windows/wind forces. Have you ever thought the mystery/engineering that are hidden behind building the...
hello i need a at command to send email through gprs modem.i have used atd*99# it first resposnse by connect and then a unknow letter are seen and the response...
CEans, I'm pleased to inform you that we've performed a major security upgrade on CE. Welcome to the safer CE now 😀 If you notice anything odd while browsing CE...
Two things have been added - 1. Easy access to your friends & contacts. Simply click on 'Members' button above and a popup menu will appear 😀 2. On your...
Hi guys i will post some puzzles once in a while might be easy might be difficult might be posted already😉 just going in CB's way to post my name...