Servo control with Sine cosine potentiometers.

I have controller and motorized rotating device. The Controller is a knob the User can rotate. The rotating device is Propulsion Nozzle. Both the Controller and the Nozzle can be rotated over full 360 degrees – no limits. Both Controller and device are equipped with Sine Cosine Potentiometers.

I need the Nozzle to follow the Knob. In order to do that I need to compare output signals from the two sine cosine potentiometers and generate error signal. Error signal activate the motor and make the nozzle turn to follow the controller.

I am looking for simple (and preferably analog) way to compare outputs of the two Sine Cosine Potentiometers and generate error signal.

I expect there should be analog way to do it because the sine cosine pots were around before digital techniques came to being.

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    What you exactly needed please specify it otherwise no one can help you
  • AndreyG
    AndreyG
    I need circuit or algorithm where inputs are signals from Sine Cosine pots and output signal indicates direction in which to rotate the nozzle to match outputs of sine cosine pots.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Can someone help me in this matter: I would like to know if it is possible to use air instead of hydrogen in a hydrogen-cooled generator. If it is...
The spot features a pint-sized Darth Vader who uses the Force when he discovers the all-new 2012 Passat in the driveway. It leverages humor and the unforgettable Star Wars™ score...
I stumbled upon a great short video by Amazon Co-Founder Jeff Bezos and loved the simple words in which he explains 'what to do'. It's not necessary a part of...
CEans, We have an active discussion going on our CE-Forum about:* Why aren’t engineers thinking about entrepreneurship? Presenting to you the story of an engineer from IIT Delhi who founded...
hi I'm shame from Philippines a Civil Engineering student, hope you'll accept me as a friend in this site. It's a pleasure to me to be here.