servo complication

hey guys,
i have just bought a standard parallax servo motor. this motor has the same properties as futaba motors. the problem is when i apply the PWM signal to the motor control pin the motor rotates but not as expected. what i know is that the signal should go high for ( 1 to 2 ms) and then low for 20ms.
1 ms should move the shaft to one extreme and 2 ms should move it to the other one.
am i right? if so what could be the problem.

Replies

• roman123
    roman123
    Try to check that the power supply gives positive voltage. If you provide -5V instead of 5V to the servo, it will rotate the opposite way.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    You check the signal on the oscilloscope, is that the signal meet what you need.
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    @ momin. Post your schematic. then only I can help

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI! Hope to have new friends here!
Windows only: Microsoft is pushing out Service Pack 2 for Office 2007, promising significant performance improvements and support for the OpenDocument format, among other things. Photo by Sunfox.... More...
i have to build an automatic sequential with 74613 counter and 32x4 Prom memory which has the evolution of the following states (shown in the figure attched to this message)....
Microsoft just pushed out Office 2007 Service Pack 2 this morning, but that doesn't meant they're not already hard at work on Office 2010, the next version of the popular...
Hello fellow CEans in India! For those involved with networking.. hows the current progress for adoption of carrier Ethernet in India? Have service providers tested out equipments of different vendors?