Serving Robot-New generation electronic waiter

Project Abstract / Summary : In today’s world the use of robot is going on increasing. Robots are able to carry out every work more effectively and efficiently than a man can do. Hence one of such application of robot could be SERVING ROBOT.
In this project we demonstrate the idea of automatic menu serving robot. In this project we have made a robot which provides proper service to customer in restaurant. If a person wants to give an order then he can call the robot by simply pressing a switch on his table. The whole system makes use of RF technology. Robot automatically checks the status of the person. It reaches the correct destination and person passes his order to robot using the database displaying on the robot. The robot sends the order by wireless technology (RF technology) to counter and the person at the counter checks the order, prepare it and put it on the robot and robot again provide proper service to respective person automatically. The robot can take the order from multiple people by reaching near their tables on their call.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : We have choose to work on this project because ordinary waiter has a limited stamina and precision in work is also less. Also the waiter is paid for his work. So we decide to remove these difficulties associated with a waiter by replacing it with an artificial waiter. The project has the following advantages:
(i) It reduces customer waiting time.
(ii) There is one time investment in the system.
(iii) The work can be done faster and reduces the cost of labouring.
(iv) As customers place their own orders, waiter‘s staff numbers can be reduced.
(v) Applications are performed with precision and high repeatability.
In future people will have very less time as well as they will prefer fast and precise service. So this artificial waiter will going to have a great demand in the coming era.

Project Highlights : As we see the robots are increasingly becoming the part of everyday life; the use of Serving Robot can be extend to various functional purposes. This system allows customers to order food by LCD module surface which is programmed by embedded c, which is wirelessly connected to the counter via RF module. A line following robot is used to carry meal from counter to customer. We have made the serving robot from the existing appliances which could be use by elderly people or disabled people for house service. Such types of robot system can work in different areas of human societies like hospitals, libraries and restaurants with small change in programming areas.
In this way our project is helpful for society in certain fields as well as it is the need of upcoming era which is going to be automated and this will prove to be the best option for precision in service and for time saving.

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Moradabad Institute of Technology
City: Moradabad
State: Uttar Pradesh
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Sir. Im going to start constructing new house. Structural engineer has provided me the drawings for column footing (5'6" x 5'6") at the depth of 6 feet from NGL....
I m in last sem of my btech (MAE). Recently, I have applied for SSC cgl & IES .. Now as an engineer i think i should prepare for IES.....
Google has taken a hint from Windows and released the developer preview of its newest mobile operating system while it’s still under development. The Developer Preview of Android N has...
We all use ad-blocking plug-ins on our browsers to get rid of the pesky ads but what if your browser blocked ads by default? Opera’s desktop browser on Windows has...
Project Abstract / Summary : This paper represents how your PC and Laptop can be controlled from with your T.V remote with the help of Frontend Application. It means the...