Sensor to read LCD & Controlled By MCU?

Is there any sensor, that can be used to read the readings displayed on an LCD and can be controlled by an MCU?? I'm using PIC 18F4520

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    is there no one who can answer this??
    I need assistance ASAP 😖
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Okay,
    Would you please post little bit of more details ? like what you're trying to implement & how?

I wanna know why do you need a sensor to read the lcd & control it with MCU ?
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Abhishek Rawal
    Okay,
    Would you please post little bit of more details ? like what you're trying to implement & how?

I wanna know why do you need a sensor to read the lcd & control it with MCU ?
    i have a device (some equipment) which already has an LCD display and it displays a few digits.. I want to capture those digits without tampering the device, and display it on to another LCD which is connected to my MC unit..

I thought, I could use a sensor for that.. I don't have much knowledge about it though. So, if there is any other alternative or if we can use a sensor, then please tell me how?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Vishal0203
    I want to capture those digits without tampering the device, and display it on to another LCD which is connected to my MC unit.
    Without tampering the device, I don't see any possible way.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Abhishek Rawal
    Without tampering the device, I don't see any possible way.
    Okay! Any camera that can be controlled via an MCU?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Vishal0203
    Okay! Any camera that can be controlled via an MCU?
    Yes, you can.
    You can connect digital cameras with Arduino & control it.

I hope you know "Arduino".If not, then no need to worry; It's never too late, right ?

Some links that might help you out :
    Arduino - Home
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Abhishek Rawal
    Yes, you can.
    You can connect digital cameras with Arduino & control it.

I hope you know "Arduino".If not, then no need to worry; It's never too late, right ?

Some links that might help you out :
    Arduino - Home
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I know about arduino but i don't use it.. I'm using PIC-DB-V2 (I don't think board makes any difference because I'm able to program everything that can be done on arduino *basics) and to generate a hex file, i'm using MikroC pro

can you elaborate your knowledge regarding controlling a camera?? I mean to say, what kind of camera will be suitable to get the digits?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I remember having removed the mud-guard from my bicycle just to make it look 'sporty'. Though I achieved to looks, I ended up spray painting almost everyone who rode behind...
Does sm1 know abt F-N-R gearbox...? Ppl r welcomed if sm1 intrstd to knw and discus the same...
I am trying to extract all the global symbols (with name and corresponding values) of a C code from core file (core.pid file, generated when the code crashes). This is...
Stanford engineers have succeeded in combining multiple layers of flexible materials to create a new type of pressure sensor. The final sensor is thinner than your currency note and the...
Just curious to know how may CEans are still using Windows XP and what's the main reason they haven't migrated to higher version of the operating system or switched entirely...