Sense Sleep Sensor Monitors Your Sleep Pattern & Identifies Problem Areas

We all know the importance of sleep in our lives. It helps us to rest and recuperate our weary bodies for another challenging tomorrow. However for some of us out there sleep becomes a wearisome experience because of various factors. Since we spend one-third of our lives in bed, James Proud’s new company Hello Inc. has introduced the Sense sleep monitor that monitors your sleep patterns and identifies the factors that are disrupting it. The Sense system has three parts, the Sense device, Sleep Pill and companion iOS and Android apps. The Sense device is a beautiful white orb that sits on your nightstand and monitors ambient conditions. For monitoring ambient conditions, the Sense monitor houses light, temperature, humidity and particulate sensors along with a sensitive microphone. While the first three sensors are self explanatory, we shall tell you what purpose the rest two serve. The particulate sensor warns you if there is a rise in particulate matter in the air which can cause nasal allergies. The microphone picks up sudden spikes such as snoring, sleep talking and noise. It sends all the information to your smartphone app along with a sleep score out of 100. On the app you can check the problem areas and even listen to the 5 second recordings of the sounds that kept you up at night.

Sense

The Sleep Pill is a small device that attaches to your pillow and monitors your physical activity. The 6-axis accelerometer and gyroscope inside the Sleep Pill helps it know when you are falling asleep, soundly asleep, thrashing about and waking up. It communicates all the information to Sense via low energy Bluetooth and ANT. The best part of Sense however is the smart alarm. Since the system knows your sleep patterns it can wake you up at the right moment. For example, if you have set the alarm at 6:30am and your body is half awake by 6:15am, it shall trigger the glowing LEDs inside the orb and wake you up at the right moment and not wait for you to fall deeper into sleep and force you awake later feeling terrible. When the alarm triggers you do not have to hit an off button, just wave your hand on top of it to make it stop. Did we mention that it has got Wi-Fi connectivity option which lets you monitor what is happening in your bedroom when you are away from home?

The company went on Kickstarter seeking public funding and as of this writing has managed to garner funds nearly seven times its initial target of $100,000. Early backers of this project can get a Sense monitor and a Sleep Pill for $99 and when the product goes retail in November 2014 you can get a Sense monitor and two Sleep Pills for $159.

So what do you think about Sense and is the product worth its price? Do let us know in the comment section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via Thiel Fellow's Elegant Sleep Tracker, Sense, Crushes Kickstarter With $120K In A Few Hours • TechCrunch

Replies

• Michael Pollak
    Michael Pollak
    I would love to try this out, but honestly it's just not worth the money in my opinion. I have issues with falling asleep period. I've always had that issue which I fix with a sleep aid.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    When the hell will people stop making junk, which keep interfering with our natural activities. !😡
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    When the hell will people stop making junk, which keep interfering with our natural activities. !😡
    The government wants to know when you sleep and what you dream about. You're being watched!

istockphoto_5308448-all-seeing-eye
  • Michael Pollak
    Michael Pollak
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The government wants to know when you sleep and what you dream about. You're being watched!

That's creepy, because I had a nightmare 3 hours ago. I believe the end of that dream will occur soon when I fall asleep again.

As for being watched, we are technically being watched every minute of our day, whether it be online, using phone, etc.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kaustubh Katdare

AND NOT ONLY ME, BUT EVERYONE OF US HERE WANT TO KNOW, WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS DOING WITH THE TAXPAYER'S MONEY !
  • duke007
    duke007
    I will be so excited to test this device that I may not get a proper sleep and cause spurious spikes in the sleep report! 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why is more power attained by a petrol engine than a diesel one?
"Item Details- Name: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2Gbddr5Order ID: 2065156330 Suborder Code: 2797926001 I received the product on May 14, 2014. On opening it I discovered that it was the...
i have heard there is a bright future in Big data so how to enter in this field as a fresh CS graduate there will be more demand of data...
I'm having an El-Measure TM5410 and I want to fetch the readings of this meter onto my computer. I am using a SAN TELEQUIP SC11 USB to RS485/RS422 converter to...
I have selected few topics mostly done or conceptualized by me and few other topics which has truly inspired me and compiled into into a list. Most of the list...