Sending analog signal by PIC and GSM modem

Hello all,
I'm going to send analog signal by GSM modem, after using a PIC, then to receive it by another GSM modem, then display it on the computer,

can you tell me:
  • which GSM modem I have to use?
  • what type of PIC's shall I use, knowing that I will send 2 or 3 signals at once?
  • can you support me with any related diagrams?

Thank you all in advance.

My best regards.

Replies

• pracas
    pracas
    how will you send analog signal using GSM modem? are you planning to send an sms with analog values? or use DTMF?

Any pic with the required number of ADC's will do. It should also have provision for RS232 Communication.

Diagrams - nopes
  • Engabbood
    Engabbood
    Yes we are planning to send an sms with analog values.
    and I know we will use a pic that supports ADC 😀
    but which GSM modems do you recommend me to buy?
  • pracas
    pracas
    Well, I think the most common and cheapest one available around is Sim300 based modules around 3-4k. Works well. checkout #-Link-Snipped-# I bought it from them and it has been put to real-time usage.

Cheers,
    pracas

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Complaints against the quality of internet services are legion and consumer organisations are flooded with allegations of over-billing, improper connectivity and slow speeds of downloading. The amounts per month involved...
I am an Engg graduate in Computer Science from VTU. I joined engineering by lateral entry,i.e, i joined enigineering after completing a diploma in computer science. i have not done...
Users discuss a MATLAB error related to subscripted assignment dimension mismatch in structures. Solutions and code improvements are explored.
BT’s Product and Systems Migration Project Award Entry Selected as Finalist London, November 18th, 2009 – Today Ontology Systems announces that OSS/CAD, the groundbreaking application that uses ontologies to unify...
Crazyengineers.com Estimated Worth $21.4 Thousand USD Title Welcome to the world of Crazy Engineers! Description Daily Pageview 19,876 Daily Ads Revenue $29.27 Traffic Rank 55343(Alexa World Rank) Page Rank (Goolge...