Seminar Topic: CDN aka Content Delivery Network

Optimizing CrazyEngineers servers led me to discovery of things I wasn't aware of, rather, never paid much attention to their usefulness. One such thing is the "Content Delivery Network".

I believe CDN could be a nice topic for your third or final year presentation or seminar. Let me introduce CDN briefly and if anyone needs more information, we can discuss the topic.

Imaging you need that "engineering drawing" book immediately. You have 5 friends who you know have the book with them. Since you're in a hurry, who'll you choose to borrow the book from? Obviously the one who's nearest to you.

For record's sake, CrazyEngineers servers are hosted in the USA. What if a user logs in from Malaysia? Our web server will have to server HTML, Images, JavaScript from our USA server. This will take lot of time. How if we could determine the user's location and serve these files from the nearest server, say a server located in Malaysia itself?

That's what the CDNs do. Content Delivery Networks copy your static data files and duplicate them on their networks located in all parts of the world. Depending up the request, the CDN computes the nearest server and serves the static files from there.

I have given you a very brief idea of the CDN. Now do your research. If you have questions, we're here to help.

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    thanks now i known how it works
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thats an awesome seminar topic. We could use it for paper presentation too.
    Thanks Biggie for explaining it in simple words.
  • sara_R
    sara_R
    I already choose this topic for my seminar and thesis!I dont know if this topic is still fresh or not! so can someone please give me a clue? CDN or peer to peer ? content delivery or distributed?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I request all crazy engineers to Please visit my website A1Tolet.com-Now Enjoy Free Advertisement of your PG,FLAT,BUNGALOW,Search For PG,FLAT,BUNGALOW,HOME.TOLET and give me your feedback because tomorrow is my project presentation...
Feedback we receive from CEans is very important in driving the CE community forward, planning new activities and making decisions that affect all of us. However, there are few points...
Epicor Assessed as the "Most Modern and Flexible" ERP System to Meet Their Needs IRVINE, Calif. and LONDON - January 11, 2011 - Epicor Software Corporation (NASDAQ: EPIC), a leading...
CEans, We've added CE Official Fan Page and you can help us spread the love for CE among your friends with a click of a button. Just head over to...
iPhone4 is finally coming to Verizon. Verizon CEO Lowell Mcadam confirmed that a CDMA (non-LTE) version of the iPhone 4 will be launched on their network on February 10, 2011....