Seminar On AMD Fusion

Can anyone help me with this seminar report.I have searched everywhere for details on AMD Fusion or Accelerated Processing Unit but was not able to find much information.I have to submit the seminar report on 27th July.Please help me.

Replies

• sushant005
    sushant005
    AMD Fusion is a new approach to processor design and software development, delivering powerful CPU and GPU capabilities for HD(high defination), 3D and data-intensive workloads in a single-die processor called an APU(Accelerated Processing unit).it is the first heterogeneous multi-core processors(codenamed Fusion), where it integrate multiple x86 cores and graphical processing unit (GPU) cores in a single die. This will we the beginning of new multi-core revolution in the future.The idea behind the Fusion is to enable a mix-and-match strategy at the silicon level, through a broad range of design initiatives. AMD will provide a range of application- specific cores that can easily be combined and heaped onto a processor die and fabricated at a low cost. A quad- core processor might contain different combination of cores and two specialized processor cores, or one general-purpose core three specialized cores, and so on. That is, a processor can be put together from heterogeneous cores, based on the end-use and workload. The fusion project completely leverages and multi-core concept and Direct Connect architecture,enables a homogeneous programming model for all AMD products, and standardizes the coprocessor interface for on-die platform connectivity. Fusion-based processors, with the CPU and GPU integrated in a single architecture, should make the life of software programmers and application developers much easier.

The above mention article is just the introduction about the AMD fusion for more details have a look to the link below:-
    #-Link-Snipped-#

In the above link you will see very few article on the topic but there is a pdf file under the AMD fusion benefits section that pdf file is of 8 pages about the AMD Fusionâ„¢ Family of APUs:
    Enabling a Superior, Immersive
    PC Experience.

i think that pdf file would be enough for your seminar.
  • rahulsampath
    rahulsampath
    sushant005
    AMD Fusion is a new approach to processor design and software development, delivering powerful CPU and GPU capabilities for HD(high defination), 3D and data-intensive workloads in a single-die processor called an APU(Accelerated Processing unit).it is the first heterogeneous multi-core processors(codenamed Fusion), where it integrate multiple x86 cores and graphical processing unit (GPU) cores in a single die. This will we the beginning of new multi-core revolution in the future.The idea behind the Fusion is to enable a mix-and-match strategy at the silicon level, through a broad range of design initiatives. AMD will provide a range of application- specific cores that can easily be combined and heaped onto a processor die and fabricated at a low cost. A quad- core processor might contain different combination of cores and two specialized processor cores, or one general-purpose core three specialized cores, and so on. That is, a processor can be put together from heterogeneous cores, based on the end-use and workload. The fusion project completely leverages and multi-core concept and Direct Connect architecture,enables a homogeneous programming model for all AMD products, and standardizes the coprocessor interface for on-die platform connectivity. Fusion-based processors, with the CPU and GPU integrated in a single architecture, should make the life of software programmers and application developers much easier.

The above mention article is just the introduction about the AMD fusion for more details have a look to the link below:-
    #-Link-Snipped-#

In the above link you will see very few article on the topic but there is a pdf file under the AMD fusion benefits section that pdf file is of 8 pages about the AMD Fusionâ„¢ Family of APUs:
    Enabling a Superior, Immersive
    PC Experience.

i think that pdf file would be enough for your seminar.
    Thankyou very much
  • geoemm
    geoemm
    hey buddy i was also interested in taking the seminar on amd fusion.so if you are getting any more information pls forward it to my mail #-Link-Snipped-#.
    if you had made the powerpoint presentation and report about the topic pls send it to me.
  • rahulsampath
    rahulsampath
    geoemm
    hey buddy i was also interested in taking the seminar on amd fusion.so if you are getting any more information pls forward it to my mail #-Link-Snipped-#.
    if you had made the powerpoint presentation and report about the topic pls send it to me.
    I am preparing the seminar report and ppt.I will sent it to you as soon as I finish the report.If you get any extra information,please mail me at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @rahulsampath & @geoemm

I feel sorry for you folks. You're engineers and instead of working on the seminar/ppts on your own - you're asking for ready-made stuff. I wonder how you'll do justice to your engineering career in future.

CE is meant for problem solving, not providing ready-made dinners.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey!!I am an ECE student in my 3rd year.I have been trying hard to find out what kind of jobs i might be looking for as a fresher when i...
A very simple logical question? Let A = {x : 3x=6}, Does A=2?
What is full duplex and half duplex in computer networking.
Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary,...
Cool batch file to lock and disguise a folder. Move any files you want to be hidden in your locker, double click the bat again and you will be asked...