self propelled machine

hi
i want to make a self propelled machine which can move on a circular pipe i.e on the outside surface of pipe . i need sliding mechanism.............. plzz help or give idea

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Sliding horizontally or vertically along pipe? How about some worm drive tightening bands (think like hose clamps) at either end. These would tighten & loosen around the pipe. A long straight drive gear would pull the back half forward. The rear band would tighten, then the front band would loosen as the gear pushed it forward. A simple caterpillar form of locomotion.
  • grover
    grover
    gohm
    Sliding horizontally or vertically along pipe? How about some worm drive tightening bands (think like hose clamps) at either end. These would tighten & loosen around the pipe. A long straight drive gear would pull the back half forward. The rear band would tighten, then the front band would loosen as the gear pushed it forward. A simple caterpillar form of locomotion.

hi gohm....
    thanx , i also think this mechanism but it is more complicated and more over i have to support a robotic arm with it which will collect ball frm one place and take it to a bucket.................. any more feasible idea u hv?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Tell me more details about the requirments for the collection of the ball. Is the ball/basket at a fixed location or does it need to be adjustable? If adjustable, in which axis and degree of motion?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, Me and some colleagues of mine plan to make a presentation in our company sometime in future regarding what consumers would like to have in their Car radio....
hi guys.....does anybody have idea of cryogenics ....how could we achieve temperature upto 4 kelvin...n where such a low temperature required???tell me in detail..as soon as possible....if u could...thanks.
Hi! 😀 HELP!Please help me solve these 3 questions Base on the following informations https://ihs.meric.hk/rforum.php/171727.jpg Solve the following 2 questions https://ihs.meric.hk/rforum.php/171728.jpg Question c) Discuss what is a "defective product" in...
😒 Hi guys...! m giving seminar on "Intrusion detection System"... So please can anybudy give me an Algorithm related to IDS? Its Compulsory to include algo... I have searched a...
is there any way can control a model car's(not too light) start and breakdown? i know a little about ABS for break,but not much clear about the particular application used...