grover
grover
Branch Unspecified
06 Mar 2008

self propelled machine

hi
i want to make a self propelled machine which can move on a circular pipe i.e on the outside surface of pipe . i need sliding mechanism.............. plzz help or give idea
gohm

gohm

Branch Unspecified
06 Mar 2008
Sliding horizontally or vertically along pipe? How about some worm drive tightening bands (think like hose clamps) at either end. These would tighten & loosen around the pipe. A long straight drive gear would pull the back half forward. The rear band would tighten, then the front band would loosen as the gear pushed it forward. A simple caterpillar form of locomotion.
grover

grover

Branch Unspecified
08 Mar 2008
gohm
Sliding horizontally or vertically along pipe? How about some worm drive tightening bands (think like hose clamps) at either end. These would tighten & loosen around the pipe. A long straight drive gear would pull the back half forward. The rear band would tighten, then the front band would loosen as the gear pushed it forward. A simple caterpillar form of locomotion.

hi gohm....
thanx , i also think this mechanism but it is more complicated and more over i have to support a robotic arm with it which will collect ball frm one place and take it to a bucket.................. any more feasible idea u hv?
gohm

gohm

Branch Unspecified
08 Mar 2008
Tell me more details about the requirments for the collection of the ball. Is the ball/basket at a fixed location or does it need to be adjustable? If adjustable, in which axis and degree of motion?

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.